Lauren

TSS Round 3 Kendrew Sun 9th July - half price entry*

Kendrew is our one and only airfield venue of the year. In order to encourage those who have yet to dip their toes into the water of what sprinting is, TSS are offering a half price entry for all those who haven't competed before. 

So here's your chance. There'll be a 'buddy' system in place where you are paired with a more experienced driver who can give you tips on the day and some encouragement too! It's a friendly series and we all help each other out. 

Look out for where we are booking a hotel as it's well worth coming up the day before for the banter and a few drinks and all that. :)

Oo definitely interested. It was one I was planning on attending anyway. Let me just check I can get the day off work before. 

Just out of interest, would I need anything else? tools? not that I know how to use them :ph34r:

No need to bring any tools. If you need a tyre pressure gauge etc, all of us have that stuff. Just bring your car and at least three quarters of a tank of fuel and a helmet of course! :)

That's all you need. :)

Haven't decided on hotel yet. I checked a PI at Melton Mowbray but it was expensive, so seeing if the price comes down. 

3 minutes ago, KevinA said:

Don't think Bike helmets are allowed.

I think they're alright as long as they have the Snell or type markings. Bike helmets are not fire retardant, but fine otherwise. Alec uses a helmet aimed at moped drivers!

3 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Quick question, which class would I be as I need to select it on the website. 

N1 I assume but then I have the Standard Primacy tyre. 

If the car has any modifications apart from audio you will be N1.

Edit, went and checked your thread. N1 for the exhaust alone. 

Well all paid and hotel booked. See you all there. I just want to see what I can do :) without worrying about the local plod. See if I can improve and then see what kind of difference new tyres and coilovers make when I decide on which ones. Never done anything like this, not even karting so will take it easy. 

A bit late but amazing day, even with 3 hours sleep, made it to Kendrew Airfield in good time, however, being my first time at Kendrew and it being an airfield with cones and tall grass, it took a couple of runs to get used to the circuit (there was quite a few times that I turned too early and even the wrong way at one point).

I was looking forward to this circuit as I heard there was plenty of run off and nothing to hit.....until I realised that there were plenty of big cones and barriers after blind bends due to the tall grass which you wouldn't want to slide into (fear of digging in and rolling or hidden large manhole covers) but even so, I wanted to really push the Celica as it felt like I couldn't push her as hard at the previous tracks. After getting a void run and then a reasonable time (1:56.10), I struggled to improve. I tried pushing harder with no luck, tried driving more smoothly and trying to go slow in fast out but again no improvement. Then thanks to Ricenurner and old man Special K who suggested to try using 2nd gear more to force me to slow down even more for an even more slow in fast out style of driving and boom, 1:55.50. Sadly even with this improvement I was still last in our class with only 1 timed lap left but I knew where I could improve.

So after siking myself up but then waiting at the line for a while, I finally managed to pull a good run together. Realising that the circuit consisted of primarily quick transitioning corners, I was able to stay in 2nd throughout most of the corners without bouncing off the limiter much but instead remaining within the power band. The improvement over the previous run was mainly on an awkward "can't tell if it's a hair pin or not" corner where I would always run wide and scrub off too much speed. So this time I made sure that I slowed right down to clip the apex the best I could which gave me a good line through a slight chicane before foot flat down for the longest straight (and only real straight besides the straight through the finish line) and boom, 1:53.71....getting me to 3rd (though there was only 4 of us in the class 1f61c.png😜 ) and only being less than a second behind Rich who I've been chasing all season, usually being a few seconds behind in each round. To my surprise, I actually got a trophy for 3rd so well chuffed.....not as chuffed as the 2nd place trophy at Woodbridge but that was in the 86 which I still miss sprinting with but bring on the next round in the Celica at Anglesey on Sunday 20th August!!!.... can't wait!!!

A massive thanks to everyone today who helped organise, manage and run such an awesome day as well as thanks to those who took part and even just spectated!

Big congrats to Kevin for winning the class N1 class for the GT86s, followed by Thomas and Tim.  It was also great to see some new faces joining in, especially Debbie for finally joining in rather than just spectating, I expect to see you on track at Anglesey!!!

lbDhDcfrRa9xbjwfT-ZwzNeuDAF8vpqLAXG0UoP3