Rich196

Post your GT86 / BRZ pic of day!

10 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

I would love to see the outcome of that. When will your wheels be finished??

I meant the hubs though in my comment not the wheel alloy itself, ( the bit the alloy would screw into). It tends to rust after a while and looks Orange against the black alloys and red callipers etc.

I’m getting my alloys done black on the 30th if yours will be done before then then send me a photo of it so I can see please haha

@Jay Bamrah

Oh sorry … I thought the alloys but it is a good suggestions - would be looking to change the brake discs and pads at some point so hopefully that will get rid of these rusty ones 

I haven’t booked my alloys in yet as I am trying to spare a day from work as the garage I spoke to are based in Milton Keynes - likely to be after you get urs done

if you don’t mind me asking - u getting it done locally and how much have u been quoted? I have asked a few places and quotes are anywhere between  £160 to £340

2 hours ago, Mani said:

@Jay Bamrah

Oh sorry … I thought the alloys but it is a good suggestions - would be looking to change the brake discs and pads at some point so hopefully that will get rid of these rusty ones 

I haven’t booked my alloys in yet as I am trying to spare a day from work as the garage I spoke to are based in Milton Keynes - likely to be after you get urs done

if you don’t mind me asking - u getting it done locally and how much have u been quoted? I have asked a few places and quotes are anywhere between  £160 to £340

Mine is a professional company I saw their other products the standard is amazing so I was okay to pay the premium. It was £70 per wheel plus they’re fitting my new tyres in that cost. I then had to buy black locking wheel nuts myself as they don’t stock them which I found weird to be fair.

myalloys.co.uk

i think if it’s done wrong it can very easily look cheap and wrong so I didn’t want to do that. 

they’re going to fully refurb the wheel from any dents etc then do it gloss black then apply a grey laquer over that which is like a grey window tint (it gives the gloss black wheels a grey tint to them in certain lighting). If you want diamond cut alloys but the silver but to be grey instead of silver it’s £125 per wheel( that’s what the laquer is traditionally used for)

hope that helped. I know I’m bad at wording things to make sense so you might have to read it 2-3x haha

1 hour ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Mine is a professional company I saw their other products the standard is amazing so I was okay to pay the premium. It was £70 per wheel plus they’re fitting my new tyres in that cost. I then had to buy black locking wheel nuts myself as they don’t stock them which I found weird to be fair.

myalloys.co.uk

i think if it’s done wrong it can very easily look cheap and wrong so I didn’t want to do that. 

they’re going to fully refurb the wheel from any dents etc then do it gloss black then apply a grey laquer over that which is like a grey window tint (it gives the gloss black wheels a grey tint to them in certain lighting). If you want diamond cut alloys but the silver but to be grey instead of silver it’s £125 per wheel( that’s what the laquer is traditionally used for)

hope that helped. I know I’m bad at wording things to make sense so you might have to read it 2-3x haha

Thanks … this is very useful… good luck with refurb. I am planning to upgrade to 18” next year so didn’t want to spend a lot on the stock wheels (other than getting them painted)

we can always exchanges pictures once the wheels are painted 

5 hours ago, Mani said:

Thanks … this is very useful… good luck with refurb. I am planning to upgrade to 18” next year so didn’t want to spend a lot on the stock wheels (other than getting them painted)

we can always exchanges pictures once the wheels are painted 

What wheels u wanna get?? Il show u mine when they’re done 

10 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

What wheels u wanna get?? Il show u mine when they’re done 

Sure … I am trying to get the car checked in early next month so will look forward to see your wheels

Re the 18” wheels it will really depend on what the budget allows as need to start saving aggressively. Top of the wish list are the likes of Rays / Enkei / Oz, but could settle in on some Japan Racing / Sparco / XXRs - looking to go slightly wider as well so maybe 18x9.5 with new PS4 all around 🤞 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:53 AM, Mani said:

Sure … I am trying to get the car checked in early next month so will look forward to see your wheels

Re the 18” wheels it will really depend on what the budget allows as need to start saving aggressively. Top of the wish list are the likes of Rays / Enkei / Oz, but could settle in on some Japan Racing / Sparco / XXRs - looking to go slightly wider as well so maybe 18x9.5 with new PS4 all around 🤞 

9.5 width damn that’s wide, I love OZ. Show me them when u get them 

On 6/17/2021 at 6:53 AM, Mani said:

Worth mentioning but since we last spoke I got a job at bmw/mini at Marshall’s. I can now get trade prices on alloy refurbs it resprays at myalloys. Probs not worth the drive for u but if u want to then I can try for u 

IMG_1990.jpg.c0cfe83542c97774b067f1d4b2766219.jpg

People always show washed gleaming cars in scenic locations, so I thought I'd show the darkside.

It's dirty, unwashed, up in the air for some maintenance, getting ready for some hard miles in the summer sun.

Please excuse the mess behind it, I've just moved house.

36 minutes ago, GravelRash said:

IMG_1990.jpg.c0cfe83542c97774b067f1d4b2766219.jpg

People always show washed gleaming cars in scenic locations, so I thought I'd show the darkside.

It's dirty, unwashed, up in the air for some maintenance, getting ready for some hard miles in the summer sun.

Please excuse the mess behind it, I've just moved house.

The intercooler core is visible through the grille. So Boosted is all i see in this picture. :)

On 6/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jay Bamrah said:

Worth mentioning but since we last spoke I got a job at bmw/mini at Marshall’s. I can now get trade prices on alloy refurbs it resprays at myalloys. Probs not worth the drive for u but if u want to then I can try for u 

Hey @Jay Bamrah sorry didn’t see your message until after I had booked my wheels for a refurb and painting (Gloss Black)

Took the car in this morning and the guys did a great job to turn it around in less than 6 hours at a very reasonable price

This is how they look now 😍

893BB73F-A1D9-46FC-B4FA-72568833DDB7.jpeg

409D92D7-A3E4-42E0-822D-977D86ABAA70.jpeg

FF3C4830-E62E-4690-837B-292F6F270A7F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mani said:

Hey @Jay Bamrah sorry didn’t see your message until after I had booked my wheels for a refurb and painting (Gloss Black)

Took the car in this morning and the guys did a great job to turn it around in less than 6 hours at a very reasonable price

This is how they look now 😍

893BB73F-A1D9-46FC-B4FA-72568833DDB7.jpeg

409D92D7-A3E4-42E0-822D-977D86ABAA70.jpeg

FF3C4830-E62E-4690-837B-292F6F270A7F.jpeg

Coincidence much haha I got mine back today also, u should consider black locking wheel nuts etc iL attach the link 

mine are gloss black with a grey laquer finish to give them an off black look aka in certain positions they have a tint of grey to them and the black is less shiny glossy etc 

https://wheelpartsdirect.com/categories/subaru/brz/original

99433497-2515-492C-A8B4-DC268780FE64.png

84E46C9A-E59D-4BE6-B725-34BFC0B9B2CF.jpeg

1BE4580D-024C-401B-B50A-8ED9B5482B28.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Coincidence much haha I got mine back today also, u should consider black locking wheel nuts etc iL attach the link 

mine are gloss black with a grey laquer finish to give them an off black look aka in certain positions they have a tint of grey to them and the black is less shiny glossy etc 

@Jay Bamrah … that is some coincidence and the wheels look great 

also thanks for sharing the link for the black locking wheel nuts … I was thinking about searching for one on my way back from the garage so this was perfect timing 

Have just put in the orders so can’t wait for them to arrive 

you are a star!!  Thanks

4 minutes ago, Mani said:

@Jay Bamrah … that is some coincidence and the wheels look great 

also thanks for sharing the link for the black locking wheel nuts … I was thinking about searching for one on my way back from the garage so this was perfect timing 

Have just put in the orders so can’t wait for them to arrive 

you are a star!!  Thanks

Haha no problem, yours look really good how much did u pay in the end?? I like ur headlights also Valenti ones or vland

1 minute ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Haha no problem, yours look really good how much did u pay in the end?? I like ur headlights also Valenti ones or vland

The headlights are smoked VLANDs … in fact I went for the whole set so have got the smoked VLAND taillights and rear diffuser lights … love them 

I didn’t want to spend too much so found these guys in MK who did the job for £160 (all in) … they also turned it around in about 6 hours while I waited at their garage this morning.

I know some refurb shops take 24-48 hours so this maybe not be the best in the quality stakes - only time will tell 

2 minutes ago, Mani said:

The headlights are smoked VLANDs … in fact I went for the whole set so have got the smoked VLAND taillights and rear diffuser lights … love them 

I didn’t want to spend too much so found these guys in MK who did the job for £160 (all in) … they also turned it around in about 6 hours while I waited at their garage this morning.

I know some refurb shops take 24-48 hours so this maybe not be the best in the quality stakes - only time will tell 

Can you show me them, so they smoked them for £160? 

53 minutes ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Can you show me them, so they smoked them for £160? 

Sorry … I meant you asked how much I paid for the refurb and painting the alloys back … that was £160

I got the smoked  VLAND taillights and rear diffuser lights straight from the VLAND website and got one of the local garages to fit it for me (comparison picture)

5C79D092-D916-4BCA-89EF-4270B10403F3.jpeg

On 7/2/2021 at 7:19 PM, Jay Bamrah said:

@Jay Bamrah

thanks for sharing the website line for the black wheel nuts … had arrived last week but only managed to get them fitted on the the car this afternoon - they make such as difference A80336E1-35C2-4BAE-8BE6-EBAD7BB4ED4A.thumb.jpeg.afb42f5458f5fd08cf199f15bf968ed3.jpeg

More decals on the car over the weekend … loved this 86 one in particular so couldn’t wait to get them on the car since they arrived earlier in the week 

…. if only I could have done a better job with a few air bubbles but pleased with the overall efforts and the outcome 😍

D8368910-574A-4179-B44D-D9A35B88BBFC.jpeg.a8c1eb34416683e7068a1a0dc31670ca.jpeg

On 6/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jay Bamrah said:

Is that offer open to everybody? You might get inundated. I want to get my wheels reburbed. If not possible at yours, do you know of a good place in London or Essex?