Rich196

Post your GT86 / BRZ pic of day!

2 hours ago, Kaltorak said:

Do we need to worry that it has the towing eye fitted? :)

Haha, I was out learning to drift 5am empty roads and was wet and hit the back left of the car against a metal barrier thing. il post the photo  so u can see. That’s a photo I took of the car at my friends repair shop the other day as it looked nice. the car is all fixed now and no actual damage to the chassis it hit a crumple some so just a new panel and respray was needed .

I don’t know if u watch f1 but f1 practise 1 today 16th April 2021 Nikita mazepins crash that caused a red flag, that was a carbon copy of what happened to Me lol  😂

BBF78CF8-E092-4A0F-B803-CF346DF9D595.png

Ouch, that looks like an expensive drift lesson! Tried it once on the road myself and ended up facing a rather surprised couple on a roundabout. Lesson learned, I am no Ken Block.

I havent watched P1 yet, but I am in no way surprised to learn Mazepin's been causing more red flags. I'll keep you in mind when I watch it :D

2 minutes ago, Kaltorak said:

Ouch, that looks like an expensive drift lesson! Tried it once on the road myself and ended up facing a rather surprised couple on a roundabout. Lesson learned, I am no Ken Block.

I havent watched P1 yet, but I am in no way surprised to learn Mazepin's been causing more red flags. I'll keep you in mind when I watch it :D

Hahaha yeah bro trust me, and it’s his second spin in p1 not his first ! I really should just learn at a track I think I learned that the hard way too.

Yes Mazepin crash is a good example of a standard oversteer crash: oversteer in one direction, catch it , then swing uncontrollably the other way. That is one thing you learn in  car control, to anticipate the swing back. A classic example from a hm, prospective buyer of a RWD car:

19 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

I really should just learn at a track I think I learned that the hard way too.

Get yourself on a cheap track day in the winter and pray for rain. Everything happens at a much lower speed but you can practise losing control and sliding the car around without too much to worry about. The best bit is that when something goes wrong on the road you'll be much better prepared to deal with it.

This was some of the most fun I've ever had on track, despite getting quite wet!

On 4/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, MovesWithClouds said:

Yes Mazepin crash is a good example of a standard oversteer crash: oversteer in one direction, catch it , then swing uncontrollably the other way. That is one thing you learn in  car control, to anticipate the swing back. A classic example from a hm, prospective buyer of a RWD car:

Omfg that hurts to watch so much 

13 hours ago, Shad said:

Get yourself on a cheap track day in the winter and pray for rain. Everything happens at a much lower speed but you can practise losing control and sliding the car around without too much to worry about. The best bit is that when something goes wrong on the road you'll be much better prepared to deal with it.

This was some of the most fun I've ever had on track, despite getting quite wet!

Is that your car or one that you hire in the package? I always expected when you do that the company would not let you drift iy

10 hours ago, Jay Bamrah said:

Is that your car or one that you hire in the package? I always expected when you do that the company would not let you drift iy

Yes that one's mine, but most companies I know that hire Caterhams for track use would be fine with on a wet day like that.

But your car will slide around very nicely in those conditions, it's a great tool to learn with.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:19 PM, Kaltorak said:

I got my car back today from the repair shop then took this badass photo, my favourite yet, I think that angle looks so mean😂

D9FE1BE7-7652-415F-B4DF-81E4EAA70A61.jpeg

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Because I'm a tart and wanted a photo of the fleet all together before the MX-5 goes on the market. My attainable ultimate 3 car garage!

front-flat.jpg

front-square.jpg

rear-flat.jpg

Great collection. Difficult choice what to take out for a blast on a sunny day like today 🤔