Hey all,

[Removed] in black is my car, I have owned this car nearing on 3 years.

About 2 months ago I sent the logbook to the DVLA for a change of address.
I was beginning to wonder where my replacement logbook was so checked the tax status online (I knew it was due).. Turns out the car is out of tax.. And the colour is RED?? 

I thought, well that's weird and decided I'd ring the DVLA in the morning to see what's going on..

Fast forward to today.. The car is not in my name, I am not the previous registered keeper but the previous, previous keeper Shocked

So it seems my logbook has been intercepted, (it was registered at my current address) has been registered against another car in someone else's name and then they have sold it on.

So please please keep an eye out for a car with the same plates on as mine.

My car is Black and is in my possession, the cloned car is most likely RED.
I am from Leeds, but obviously the car could be anywhere.

If you see it can you please give me any details, the plate is quite distinctive.
Also DO NOT BUY THIS CAR IF IT IS RED!

The police and DVLA are aware and I will be sorting out this mess in the background.

This has very nearly been sorted. 

I am now again the registered keeper, phantom owners and colour change removed from all records.

Logbook is in the post and I should be back on the road next week 😊

*I've edited the title and number plate references now I am the registered keeper of my own car again.

Still not sorted, the logbook never arrived! Rang the DVLA to see where it was.. they have my address wrong! This is the second time, the first time the postcode was wrong (but house number correct) this time house number wrong postcode correct!

I made the DVLA rep repeat back my address before they sent the logbook last week. Someone at the DVLA does not want me to have my logbook! :(

I am however taxed starting tomorrow so I can use my car for the first time in 6 weeks.