Sign in to follow this  
GreenSpring

Owner For 3 Months From Swindon

Hi guys,

Have been lurking for a while and have talked a few times on here but never really introduced myself. 

I daily drive my white GT86 so it picks up a lot of miles as I have to commute quite far and find it hard to not go out for drives in my free time. I live in Swindon and you can often see me driving around following a black GT86. Really made the right choice in getting this car and wouldn't turn back.

I hate keeping things stock but I'm trying to keep insurance low as I'm 20 years old so only small aesthetic modifications for now: TRD Spoiler, wrapped my roof gloss black, Plastidipped badges

I am going to Japfest Donington and staying at the premier inn so I'm hoping to get to know some of you and see some nice 86's :D I'm also trying to learn photography so I'll take any opportunity to get some nice photos of your cars, if you're local and want some free, amateur photos of your car let me know! 

Welcome aboard, you'll see plenty of our cars at Japfest and you'll notice we all do it a bit differently, depending on what you are into. I'm hoping to make it along to Japfest so look forward to seeing you there. :) 

5 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Welcome, aww if I had known you will be taking lots of pics I would have booked to go to Japfest Donington. Love the roof and spoiler. 

Thanks man! I'm trying to go to as many events as I can so I'm sure I'll bump into you and I always take my camera! 

The roof and spoiler are small changes but it really looks a completely different car now. Was a fun learning process to wrap the roof too 

1 hour ago, Cerastes said:

I'm still scared about plastidipping my badges

56 minutes ago, jimmyjimmyjimmy_ said:

How hard was it to plastidip the badges? I'm thinking about doing it on mine as I can't seem to find black toyota badges anywhere

It's really the easiest thing ever, however I've had to redo mine since as I didn't quite do a good enough job (me being a perfectionist). If you don't like it, it just peels off completely without any kind of tools, just your hands.

Just mask off the area around it, otherwise you get little bits of overspray and it's just a little annoying to get off, put 5 coats on, 15 minutes between each coat, then let the last coat sit for 20 minutes and just peel off the bits you don't want. Thin coats.

Really not something to be afraid of, I got my plasti dip off Ebay for £11 a can if you were curious :) 

On 2017-5-19 at 3:57 PM, GreenSpring said:

It's really the easiest thing ever, however I've had to redo mine since as I didn't quite do a good enough job (me being a perfectionist). If you don't like it, it just peels off completely without any kind of tools, just your hands.

Just mask off the area around it, otherwise you get little bits of overspray and it's just a little annoying to get off, put 5 coats on, 15 minutes between each coat, then let the last coat sit for 20 minutes and just peel off the bits you don't want. Thin coats.

Really not something to be afraid of, I got my plasti dip off Ebay for £11 a can if you were curious :) 

Awesome, I'll definitely have to try that :)

On 19/05/2017 at 2:57 PM, jimmyjimmyjimmy_ said:

How hard was it to plastidip the badges? I'm thinking about doing it on mine as I can't seem to find black toyota badges anywhere

Amazon it's like 5£ a badge