Ztox

Essex meet 27th May - Boreham

So after @Special K asking about a meet on the 28th and not being able to do it we'll do one on the 27th, which happens to be my birthday :D

We'll meet at the Lion Inn for breakfast/lunch or just a drink

After that, those who want to can go for a drive somewhere. I'm happy to go with @Special K's suggestion of Burnham-on-Crouch , never been there myself

With a bit of luck we'll have some nice weather.

With regards to timings, it can be up to a majority vote. Would people rather meet early (9/10am) or a little later(11/12ish)?

Also, would you like to eat at the Lion Inn? Or we could just meet there, have a drink perhaps and then eat in Burnham-on-Crouch. @Special K do you know of any good places there?

1. Ztox + Chloe

2. Special K

3. Leevsfortyone

4. Ulphy86

5. gavin_t (maybe)

6. GT86Reece

On 15/05/2017 at 1:41 PM, Ztox said:

So after @Special K asking about a meet on the 28th and not being able to do it we'll do one on the 27th, which happens to be my birthday :D

We'll meet at the Lion Inn for breakfast/lunch or just a drink

After that, those who want to can go for a drive somewhere. I'm happy to go with @Special K's suggestion of Burnham-on-Crouch , never been there myself

With a bit of luck we'll have some nice weather.

With regards to timings, it can be up to a majority vote. Would people rather meet early (9/10am) or a little later(11/12ish)?

Also, would you like to eat at the Lion Inn? Or we could just meet there, have a drink perhaps and then eat in Burnham-on-Crouch. @Special K do you know of any good places there?

1. Ztox + Chloe

2. Special K

3. Leevsfortyone

4. Ulphy86

There are some good restaurants in Burnham. And the roads down from Woodham Ferrers onwards there are tight and windy . .  hee hee  . . .

One particular pub which is popular, just off the High Street, or a hotel restaurant right on the front or there's a greasy spoon cafe which is a favourite haunt for bikers on a Sunday morning . . literally dozens of them hoon down the windy roads, park up and have a wander. I hope to be able to get us into the Crouch Yacht Club - I used to be a member there, it's where I did my sail training.

Whatever we decide I suggest we try and make Burnham before midday and grab an early lunch, so mebbe just a cuppa at the Lion Inn?  Weekenders take over Burnham but most are out sailing in the mornings . .

. . and the good news is that I picked up my car yesterday ! This will be an excellent opportunity for me to finish running the new engine in . .

Spec K

I thoroughly enjoyed it, great to meet new people from Essex and touch base with regulars. I was a bit of a shame there was traffic on the route - there's some awesome bendy bits . .

Made a change wandering around the marina and enjoying what was for me a  blast from the past.

Walking into the town? no-one told me to take my zimmer frame . .  a great bonus it was stunning weather after the thunderstorm mid morning. Hopefully Birthday Boy will post a meet report . .

Let's do Bradwell next time

Spec K