Sign in to follow this  
Tarmac

Cobra 4-1 Un-Equal Length De-Cat Manifold

1 hour ago, maurice said:

Does it? Primaries on the right are longer.

It's about as UEL as the stock one and looks the same as the Injen one, which is sold as an equal length manifold. No manifold should be exactly equal length anyway, but if you compare to the usual UEL options the left side has much longer primaries.

Tarmac also sell the Injen.... It's cheaper too.

44 minutes ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

It's a bit of an odd looking collector, right? I thought it was a cat a first glance.

See above, same as that. Flex join on the collector end rather than the primaries.

13 minutes ago, knightryder said:

It's about as UEL as the stock one and looks the same as the Injen one, which is sold as an equal length manifold. No manifold should be exactly equal length anyway, but if you compare to the usual UEL options the left side has much longer primaries.

Fair enough.

What do you mean by they shouldn't be exactly equal length? Just wondering as mine looks near as damnit.

2 minutes ago, maurice said:

Fair enough.

What do you mean by they shouldn't be exactly equal length? Just wondering as mine looks near as damnit.

If you go look at any decent I4/I6 manifold you'll see that the runner lengths will vary slightly, it's all in the tuning of the design. It's just an easier example to see visually but obviously the same applies here. Actually to say they shouldn't be exactly equal is wrong as it comes down to the design parameters and goals but I'd imagine it's pretty hard to get a 100% equal length without long primaries and the space complexities it brings on this platform. On this specific manifold, the slight variance in runners will likely help provide a spread of torque across the power band while the 4-1 will also mean it keeps it until high RPM.