GT-Eighty-Chris

Newbie from Swindon!

1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard! Any plans for the car? :)

At the moment I think I can only justify cosmetic changes. I want to improve the spoiler and rear light clusters, but I'm completely new to this so not sure where to start.

I have seen Litchfield Imports do a Milltek upgrade but all quite expensive. Only thing a Boxer engine misses is the turbo they removed, but again no idea how much it will cost to add one. £5k?

Yeah £5K or so for a turbo installed. Get used to the car as is, though that's the best way. I'm not convinced it needs a turbo or SC having driven a few and this is the case I think if your fun is in the corners rather than a straightline. 

I would avoid Litchfield, they don't know much about GT86's and I wouldn't touch Milltek. Sounds great but I've cracked three so far. There are tons of options for exhausts and the like though, so you're spoilt for choice. 

Again loads of options for lights. Many like Valentis or Toms or Buddy Club. There are new designs coming out all the time. 

5 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah £5K or so for a turbo installed. Get used to the car as is, though that's the best way. I'm not convinced it needs a turbo or SC having driven a few and this is the case I think if your fun is in the corners rather than a straightline. 

I would avoid Litchfield, they don't know much about GT86's and I wouldn't touch Milltek. Sounds great but I've cracked three so far. There are tons of options for exhausts and the like though, so you're spoilt for choice. 

Again loads of options for lights. Many like Valentis or Toms or Buddy Club. There are new designs coming out all the time. 

Oh sweet! I'll check them out then. I need some soundbites of exhausts though, really don't want to be that guy who the neighbours know when I've come home (sorry)!

Yes I always do, plus this is my first rear wheel drive car so more than happy to learn before modifying!

Agree with @Lauren get use to the car as it is at first, that's what I did for the first few months, then gradually changed some exhaust and intake parts, goes quick for me and sounds great. 

I would still rather have a lightweight sports car with reasonable power than a big heavy car with loads of power. 

Welcome! There seems to be a few of us around Swindon, should really get a south west meet going! You might see me and my friend driving about in white and black 86s, give us a wave if you do

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

On 21/04/2017 at 10:16 AM, GreenSpring said:

Welcome! There seems to be a few of us around Swindon, should really get a south west meet going! You might see me and my friend driving about in white and black 86s, give us a wave if you do

And Bristol thank you! Yes, we do need to sort some Sputh West action

On 21/04/2017 at 10:16 AM, GreenSpring said: Welcome! There seems to be a few of us around Swindon, should really get a south west meet going! You might see me and my friend driving about in white and black 86s, give us a wave if you do

And Bristol thank you! Yes, we do need to sort some Sputh West action

Actually had an idea, when i get the time il get it organised, a group drive down a long b road and a Chinese buffet at the end of it. Hope it'll get some interest :)

On 19/04/2017 at 8:37 PM, Lauren said:

Fitted! :)

IMG_20170425_175635.jpg

B-Road and a chinese sounds amazing! I'm learning rear wheel drive still. Was raining today on the way back so when noone was behind me was just giving it a bit of throttle round roundabouts... that thing really wants its back end out doesn't it!

Welcome to the forum, Chris! Oh and great choice on the colour :D

I'm up for a Swindon meet from time to time especially as I pass it a lot on my way to Milton Keynes. A meet by Ferrari followed by a Costa was always my thing there previously!