Johnno92

JJ - GT86 - Hampshire/South Yorks

Hey Folks, been following the Facebook group since I got my car just before Christmas, finally got round to joining the forums..

I work down in Hampshire but have family In South Yorkshire so can be found up there fairly often.. Picked my 86 up 4 months ago with 20k miles on the clock, currently standard although fitted a new set of Japan Racing JR3s at the weekend..

Look forward to meeting you all..!

20170409_102349 (2).jpg

20170409_102317 (2).jpg

Thanks guys! Few things planned, already got my eyes on some lowering springs and a few cosmetic bits (not too fond of the standard spoiler).. Planning on an exhaust and remap too but need to look into what's out there.. My last car was a vag diesel I spent 4 years modding, so this is a whole new kettle of fish for me..!

On 4/13/2017 at 6:32 PM, Cerastes said:

Welcome, I was looking at Japan Racing JR3 wheels too. Few other Japan Racing wheels I fancy too, although a future mod if at all. Just dreaming :)

So far I can definitely recommend, mine were from performancealloys.com.. Originally had my eyes on a set of Rotas, then I stumbled on the Japan Racing ones and changed my mind last minute, they were abit cheaper than the Rotas I wanted too.. They do have a decent range to, so much so I might have to come up with an excuse to get a second set haha..! :lol:

On 4/13/2017 at 7:42 PM, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Another Hampshire 86. All good. I live in Hampshire should do a local meet at some point. 😎

4 hours ago, DebbieJ said:

I am in Hampshire too so will wave if I see you around :) Also up for a Hampshire meet CHOSENMAN007!

Definetly! Ive not seen any others about down here yet, up for a little meet..! My Easter weekends looking quiet so far ;) haha

2 hours ago, Johnno92 said:

So far I can definitely recommend, mine were from performancealloys.com.. Originally had my eyes on a set of Rotas, then I stumbled on the Japan Racing ones and changed my mind last minute, they were abit cheaper than the Rotas I wanted too.. They do have a decent range to, so much so I might have to come up with an excuse to get a second set haha..! :lol:

Yea they do look good. I do like the JR21. But then I fall in to the trap of too many spokes again and I hate cleaning spokes when there are loads. 

3 hours ago, Johnno92 said:

Definetly! Ive not seen any others about down here yet, up for a little meet..! My Easter weekends looking quiet so far ;) haha

Dude car is still in the shop but as soon as I get it on the road we should defo sort a local meet. Been out the car/club scene way to long 🚗🚘

51 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Dude car is still in the shop but as soon as I get it on the road we should defo sort a local meet. Been out the car/club scene way to long 🚗🚘

Some of us were in Hook last Sunday James

2 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Yea they do look good. I do like the JR21. But then I fall in to the trap of too many spokes again and I hate cleaning spokes when there are loads. 

This..! I was thinking exactly the same because I also really like the JR5s, but my last car had Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s which were great, until you had to clean them..