KevinA

Renewal Time

You'll find that there's no one specific insurer who'll be good for 100% of the membership so you'll have to try a few of us to see who's best for you. Try us last and we'll be aiming to beat your best alternative.

best,
Nick

They are pretty much all in the same contention in price in the modified insurance category. 

I've just stuck with Sky insurance as they have never seen me off and always accommodated all mods and are always on the end of a phone line to help. Had no reason to change. Staying with a company long term holds on cred in the long run imo.

17 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

They are pretty much all in the same contention in price in the modified insurance category. 

I've just stuck with Sky insurance as they have never seen me off and always accommodated all mods and are always on the end of a phone line to help. Had no reason to change. Staying with a company long term holds on cred in the long run imo.

Really? Chris Knott beat my Sky renewal majorly. And by that I mean it was half the price!

15 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Found them too pushy it was like we can save you a fiver and can I set it up for you

Never had a problem like that, but then I don't allow myself to be bullied over the phone regardless if it's insurance, utilities, Sky etc.

Unless it's the missus. Then I cave straight away.

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

Adrian Flux cheapest for me for the last 2 years.

Think I've been with them for 3 now. Better terms and still better in price than anyone else. Plus the option for guaranteed value etc if you have expensive mods, which is hard to come by (I've asked most when renewing). @nikndel I've found them to be the least like that, but then as an existing customer they already have my business.

Last renewal the best I could get elsewhere was the same price, £150 higher excess and no cover on 3rd party vehicles. If I have a year when I can do more trackdays I would maybe try Greenlight, but so far I've not been impressed.

I've had policies with Chris Knott and Sky before on this or my previous import, no issues with either.

On 4/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, ChrisKnottIns said:

You'll find that there's no one specific insurer who'll be good for 100% of the membership so you'll have to try a few of us to see who's best for you. Try us last and we'll be aiming to beat your best alternative.

best,
Nick

I am currently insured with Chris Knott but you won't renew my insurance because I have had a partial wrap on the car :( Luckily Greenlight are more than happy to insure my car with its wrap so all sorted now at a great price and track day cover as an add on if I need it :)  :)  

Hi DebbieJ, we'll be really sorry to see you go! I wish we could automatically accept wraps (full or partial) but unfortunately the insurers on our panel don't like them and we have to refer them for consideration on a case by case basis. Glad you've got a suitable alternative this year. Wraps are something we're obviously in discussion with the insurers about as they become more and more commonplace (forgive me). Hopefully we'll be in a position to win you back at next renewal.

All the best,
Nick

On 4/13/2017 at 10:36 AM, ChrisKnottIns said:

Hi DebbieJ, we'll be really sorry to see you go! I wish we could automatically accept wraps (full or partial) but unfortunately the insurers on our panel don't like them and we have to refer them for consideration on a case by case basis. Glad you've got a suitable alternative this year. Wraps are something we're obviously in discussion with the insurers about as they become more and more commonplace (forgive me). Hopefully we'll be in a position to win you back at next renewal.

All the best,
Nick

Funnily enough now I have got the documents through from Greenlight it is exactly the same underwriter as I was with before, but Chris Knott told me this underwriter wouldn't insure me with a partial wrap! Do underwriters do different schemes for different brokers??

1 hour ago, DebbieJ said:

Funnily enough now I have got the documents through from Greenlight it is exactly the same underwriter as I was with before, but Chris Knott told me this underwriter wouldn't insure me with a partial wrap! Do underwriters do different schemes for different brokers??

They probably have different agreements. I'm with CK currently and the underwriter wanted more details about the costs involved for my roof & aero fins being wrapped. The guy from CK I spoke to was told to tell me that a full wrap wouldn't be accepted as well.

On 14/04/2017 at 2:03 PM, DebbieJ said:

Yes, it would seem they do. I'm looking into this - we don't like losing business to the same insurer through someone else.