WonkyJon

Lurker leaving the shadows

Hi folks!

The recent cross post on Facebook to the poll regarding a blog section for builds piqued my interest so I headed on over to the forum but I didn't realise until just now that since joining the forum back in august I haven't posted anything, not even said hello! so... Hi :) 

I've done a fair bit to my car, more to come though and If the blog idea comes off I'll get my build up but for now I'm just researching exhausts (seems to be never ending, too much choice!)

obligatory car pic....
[FullSizeRender%2022.jpg

looks good, I like the contrast of the paint with the wheels. My take on exhausts is just dive straight in and get one as there is so much choice but at least they are quick to change and its always something in demand on the used market should you want change

Thank you for the warm welcome folks :D

1 hour ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Aha - the Orange and green theme is back. Get some green stripes on there as well!

5 hours ago, Lauren said:

Welcome, lurker! These green wheels seem to be catching on! 

It's back? catching on? I never knew it was a thing to be honest, I was mucking about with colour on Forza 5, posted a pic on Facebook with green wheels and one of my friends hated it. so that was it, had to be done :D I didn't think I'd like it but once it was done, loved it. It's only plastidip though so easy enough to get rid if I get bored :)

3 hours ago, Ztox said:

Welcome along :D

Any other near future plans other than exhaust?

Near future.. not really. new tyres to fill out the arches a bit more and maybe adjust the ride height a little. I keep looking at FI but I couldn't honestly say that's a 'near' future plan. I should crack on and sort the audio too, but I can't be arsed given that I rarely have the stereo switched on.

5 hours ago, bassett said:

My take on exhausts is just dive straight in and get one as there is so much choice but at least they are quick to change 

I like your thinking chap and to be honest, I'll probably do just that and just get something to tide me over until the exhaust I want is more than an idea. I want the ACE twin exit and I'm hoping that ACE accelerate their development because as nuts as the Laguna 90 looks I don't want a centre exit exhaust but I would like to keep it one brand front to back. in the meantime, I should get something, anything!

37 minutes ago, DavidSpratt said:

Is that the lip kit by HT Autos you guys have on there?

Chargespeed bottomline v1style on mine (I say style, blatant copy. but the listed europe dealers on chargespeeds website don't appear to actually sell chargespeed stuff so there was no other choice sadly)

On 29/03/2017 at 6:52 PM, Ztox said:

Welcome along :D

Any other near future plans other than exhaust?

I'll have to think past exhaust for a while; I might have just ordered a decat pipe :D So that'll be no cats at all. It'll be louder which frees up my brain for thinking about other mods :D