Nik_86

Invidia Q300 vs Milltek resonated noise level comparison

Hello,

Can anyone inform me about the sound level of an Invidia Q300 compared to a Milltek resonated catback ?
Is the Resonated Milltek  quieter or the Invidia ?
I already have the Milltek installed but I would prefer a bit quieter exhaust. 
The only aftermarket exhaust I have listened to other than the Milltek, is a TRD muffler, which sounded exactly like the OEM, (and apart from the look), it didn't impress me.
I live in Greece and there are very few cars available to see and listen to and most of them have the OEM exhaust.

Also, What about the Q300 replicas, anyone with experience ? I can find loads of them on ebay on competitive prices

Looking forward to your comments

The Invidia Q300 is very quiet, almost as quiet as stock except with a better tone. It's quiet enough that even with a catless manifold it's well under track limits.

Don't buy a Miltek, they're made of cheese.

Invidia Q300 is a nice sound. It's what I was after, but I just don't like the look of it. Like Paul said, it is quiet on it's own. If you get a different manifold it can sound really nice

I had the chance of winning the Avo catback on ebay so I got that, although I haven't fitted yet so not sure on the sound yet. 

I wouldn't buy any Miltek stuff, don't understand the fascination with them and why everyone has them. From what I remember, the Miltek is deep and the Q300 isn't :) 

3 hours ago, Church said:

I've heard cases of muffler stuffing burning out in Q300 though after heavy tracking, and tone/loudness change.

I run mine on a pops and bangs playlist and no issues yet,

And considering the amount of Miltek problems....

8 hours ago, Church said:

Funny that many liked Milltek's sound. If not all the quality issues, it might have been very popular catback.

Yep. I've had one since I bought my car, well, when I say one that has actually turned out to be four. I do like the sound of it though, spot on really. Such a shame about the cracking issue. 

9 hours ago, Paul said:

I run mine on a pops and bangs playlist and no issues yet,

And considering the amount of Miltek problems....

Paul,

How can your exhaust make pops and bangs?

Have you tuned the ECU?

4 hours ago, Nik_86 said:

Paul,

How can your exhaust make pops and bangs?

Have you tuned the ECU?

UEL manifold and an Ecutek tune.