Sign in to follow this  
Adi

Cap on the front bumper

Any ideas on where I could find a cap like this for the front bumper? Is not the cap over the tow hook, but the one over the airbag sensor, driver side (see image)

Cheers

IMG_4970.png

This is the headlight washer cap and Toyota will supply the part painted in the colour of your car if you give them your vin. The part delivered cost me around £50-£60 each when I replaced mine. (Expensive for tiny little bit of plastic) However I found it impossible to find it on ebay so dealership was the only option. 

1 hour ago, gazza82 said:

It's a good job it isn't an airbag sensor or Morons United would be haing a field-day setting them off .. luckily the sensor is well hidden ... ;-)

They're not that sensitive anyway. I smashed my front bumper and the airbags didn't go off.

On 3/16/2017 at 2:48 PM, Rich said:

They're not that sensitive anyway. I smashed my front bumper and the airbags didn't go off.

I agree with Rich. They can’t be they sensitive. I ‘slipped’ off the track at Goodwood last year, doing about 40 mph by the time I ‘lovingly kissed’ the LHS of mine into the metal Armco barriers just after the chicane. It was quite crunchy. The rear n/s bumper and wing hit first. Then the barrier obviously decided that it hadn’t caused enough damage, so swung me around and gave the front n/s wing and bumper a good snack for good measure. Amazingly the passenger door got away without a mark. 

Anyway, more to the point, no sign of any airbags going off. Thank God. It would have made things even more expensive to get sorted out.  

On 3/16/2017 at 12:08 PM, Devo said:

This is the headlight washer cap and Toyota will supply the part painted in the colour of your car if you give them your vin. The part delivered cost me around £50-£60 each when I replaced mine. (Expensive for tiny little bit of plastic) However I found it impossible to find it on ebay so dealership was the only option. 

I have just had to order one from Toyota as one of mine must have dropped off somewhere. Assuming no one is running around pinching them off GT86s when parked up because they are hard to find. 

Anyway, it arrived at my dealers two days after I’d ordered it. Total cost was a smidge under £44. Not quite the “few pounds” that the service manager told me it would be. Mind you, it did come already painted in the correct colour for that price. I was told that if it needed painting as well then the price would be upwards of £60. Hence why I wondered if they were being pinched to order.