Sign in to follow this  
Minion

How to 'De-Brick'

I'm looking at 'De-Bricking' my 86 but just looking to see if there was a guide on here how to do it. I haven't really looked into it much yet other than a quick browse on the search bar. I already have my 3/4 plate ready to put on but just need to take the big ugly brick off now.

Thanks

Jake

30 minutes ago, Minion said:

I'm looking at 'De-Bricking' my 86 but just looking to see if there was a guide on here how to do it. I haven't really looked into it much yet other than a quick browse on the search bar. I already have my 3/4 plate ready to put on but just need to take the big ugly brick off now.

Thanks

Jake

It's pretty straight forward. Once you've removed the front plate, there are two screws holding the "brick" in place. Just undo them, then remove the screw thread clips and you're done.

I drilled holes in my plate in the same locations as the holes for the brick, and used slightly larger white bolts to hold it. Works well.

Just now, maurice said:

You just need to undo 2 number plate screws, and 2 brick screws iirc. Then either stick on your new plate or drill a couple holes in it to the brick's mounting holes.

1 minute ago, S18 RSG said:

It's pretty straight forward. Once you've removed the front plate, there are two screws holding the "brick" in place. Just undo them, then remove the screw thread clips and you're done.

I drilled holes in my plate in the same locations as the holes for the brick, and used slightly larger white bolts to hold it. Works well.

Wow I didn't realise it was this simple, I'll have a look at it tonight and hopefully it turns out as good as I imagine.

Thanks Guys :)