Sign in to follow this  
Minion

TRD Spoiler

I've been looking for some time too. It's one of the only boot spoilers that looks good and covers all the holes.

Only other one is that one with the two arms that stretch down the bootlid, which I also like, but could never find a good deal on. 

Interested in the responses here.

2 hours ago, don said:

The Abflug spoiler? I agree with you there. But i think the TRD is one of the nicest ones available.

Yeah that's the one. I do prefer the TRD, but the AB is a little more rare, so I kinda fancied it.

On 01/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, DanJ said:

I know Fensport have a few coming in on a boat from Japan as I have one of the batch reserved.

Are they the Genuine trd ones that come pre painted? 

On 01/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, DanJ said: I know Fensport have a few coming in on a boat from Japan as I have one of the batch reserved.

Are they the Genuine trd ones that come pre painted? 

Mines an unpainted one, but yes they're genuine TRD parts.

On 01/02/2017 at 5:38 PM, DanJ said:

I know Fensport have a few coming in on a boat from Japan as I have one of the batch reserved.

tell me about it - I'm waiting on my TRD kit (except the spoiler)!! I placed my order in September!

2 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

@Fensport sell the TRD style wing for £120 here. I think they'd make a killing if they would sell those painted for around £200. Missing a trick I would suggest ;)

I think you'd be right.

Ive found a UK based company called HZ Perforamce based in Leicestershire that sell the TRD style unpainted for £100 and free P+P 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-BRZ-Toyota-GT86-TR-Type-Boot-Spoiler-PU-PLASTIC-UK-STOCK-/122119323411?fits=Car+Make%3ASubaru|Model%3ABRZ&hash=item1c6ee0ff13:g:7CMAAOSw7FRWYYY-

Just now, Will T8WMM said:

I think you'd be right.

Ive found a UK based company called HZ Perforamce based in Leicestershire that sell the TRD style unpainted for £100 and free P+P 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-BRZ-Toyota-GT86-TR-Type-Boot-Spoiler-PU-PLASTIC-UK-STOCK-/122119323411?fits=Car+Make%3ASubaru|Model%3ABRZ&hash=item1c6ee0ff13:g:7CMAAOSw7FRWYYY-

Hmm. I'm gonna drop the guy a message and see if he'll paint them, and if so, for what price. I just have a feeling that, if I buy one unpainted, it would just stay on my bedroom floor for months.

10 minutes ago, Will T8WMM said:

I think you'd be right.

Not keen on the tape idea no bolt holes?

8 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Not keen on the tape idea no bolt holes?

Same for most of the reps, and I don't know of anyone who's had one fly off.

All of the air flow will be over the top of the spoiler, effectively pushing it into the boot anyway, rather than air going underneath like on a high level wing, so it's not something I'd be especially concerned about.

1 minute ago, Will T8WMM said:

Doesn't look like it. I didn't think the TRD spoiler used bolts. Thought it was just 3M tape?

Official one has a drill template, but I think 90% of people just stick it on. But for the price difference, it's not a huge problem.