Sign in to follow this  
chris_9011

GT86 Standard Stereo - worth?

Hi all, having taken full time ownership at long last of my GT86, I shall be fitting my Pioneer App Radio in the next week or so so I shall have a standard navigation head unit that I shall have no use for... apologies if this in the wrong place, still finding my way around... but could anyone shed some light as the value that this is worth? It doesn't have the license for the navigation system unfortunately. 

99C1A53F-BAD5-4C99-8835-39BE4925371E_zps

B921CDD9-4BFE-4E81-9DC1-0BFFEDF165DE_zps

4 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Honestly you're going to find it hard to sell, there's simply not really a market for this kind of OEM part and you may aswell keep it.

deep down i did think that might be the case... I'll give it a go at selling it, but I'll be prepared to box it up and put it in the attic for the future :)

7 hours ago, chris_9011 said:

It doesn't have the license for the navigation system unfortunately.

Doesn't the satnav function require a separate hardware module, and not just a licence for the standard head unit?

If it had sat nav it would have some worth, but without it, it's virtually worthless really. I removed mine when the car was a month old. It's been in the shed for getting on for four years with all the other OEM stuff I've removed. 

14 hours ago, Philip said:

Doesn't the satnav function require a separate hardware module, and not just a licence for the standard head unit?

I'm not sure... thinking about it it must at least have an external aerial/antenna...

Thanks for the replies everyone... I think I'll box it up safely and store it for now then... no point selling for peanuts