celicaboy

NEWBIE BRZ owner

Hi' to all,  :ph34r:

Have been surfing the web and car specific Forum/s for a couple of months now and have had the BRZ for around a month  :D and in that time i've rediscovered something that regrettably manufacturers have been actively engineering and designed out of modern cars since the mass conception of Front Wheel Drive,   i.e FUN !  

I admit that as individuals we all enjoy the comfort, security and predictability from a comfy armchair at home BUT as an enthusiast that does not translate into us wanting to have that same comfy send me to sleep ambience and feel when wanting to feel alive and directly in involved when in pursuit of a satisfying driving experience.   ...Hence BRZ & GT86 great to see the spirit re-born and as a result I too have been !!  :wub: .

Anyway,  I traded in my RCZ (200 THP) in for the BRZ and I've no regrets, what I have lost from not having a turbo induced 200 HP on boost I have more than gained in overall driving satisfaction and feel  ,,plus if i want forced induction I know its readily available and know there are owners/ members that have gone that route as part of their mods.  

I'm sure that joining and being part of this Forum will only enhance my ownership experience which is already high regardless of the RETRO Clarion head unit that Subaru chose to fit for reasons known only to them and the Clarion Archive Dept.  GT 86 owners I will give you that one !  :angry:

Celicaboy

Welcome to the club, always nice to see another BRZ. I agree i'm not quite sure on their thinking of practically putting a tapedeck in a modern car but hey ho it's all about the car really. Plus the speakers are cack anyway.

...thanks for the welcome, :)   ,,i agree with you about the standard speakers which must cost more than a few pence each BUT not that much more than fitting a cheap decent off the shelf variant from any of the mainstream manufacturers that either Subaru or Toyota must command much buying power from in the first place.   As for the 'Clarion' I wouldn't have even thought that they would even be manufacturing such a retro model nowadays so they must simply be leftover stock from back in the day and not fit enough to be incorporated in any other Subaru or marque.  Even the manufacturers upgrade is laughable for the price they charge  ,,then again thats standard motor industry practice  !

The important thing is the car is great and thats what I test drove not the head unit  ! :D

My other love is a Daytona 675 and when out and about have been keeping a lookout for other BRZ & GT86 enthusiasts in Kent.

As an aside "46" on pole for Montegi  is just what the Dr ordered  ...YES  

.celicaboy

You can easily put a better head unit in and decent plug and pray speakers. That should really help. I admit, I had the whole stock system removed and placed with a pro-install, but it depends what you want of course.