Seb @ RRG Bury

Who's buying a new GT86?!

I would do if I didn't have irreversible body modifications on my current one, but i'd also be changing that front bumper. I think we all need to find a way to retrofit the new instrument cluster in to the pre-facelift model and everything will be dandy.

57 minutes ago, Seb @ RRG Bury said:

Purely out of interest but who's already ordered a face lift GT86? lets see what specs you have gone for.

RRG Bury

Pearl White Pro, Manual of course!

I'm severely tempted by a new BRZ :P

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

I would do if I didn't have irreversible body modifications on my current one, but i'd also be changing that front bumper. I think we all need to find a way to retrofit the new instrument cluster in to the pre-facelift model and everything will be dandy.

???

The new cluster looks terrible! That rectangle in circles clash just jars. 

brz-17-multi-function-display.jpg

I love the new dash, much more modern, the revisions are all good except that front bumper which is a bit marmite.

Unfortunately Seb i won't be buying one, no fault of the car its just there are many other cars for me to try :D I doubt I will ever buy the same car twice.

27 minutes ago, LordGrover said:

I like this one, but not sure if it's the same one and less contrast so you can't see the rectangle bodge, a mod or another 'official' OEM version for a different market.

Same one just in the dark ;) IMO it doesn't look as bad as the top pic in the flesh. The new steering wheel seems popular due to the size too.

2 hours ago, LordGrover said:

Smaller steering wheel size does sound better, but the audio controls a step backwards. One step forward... :D

The controls are less intrusive than expected and quite intuitive to use. I dislike them less now I've actually seen them.

1 hour ago, rob275 said: I would do if I didn't have irreversible body modifications on my current one, but i'd also be changing that front bumper. I think we all need to find a way to retrofit the new instrument cluster in to the pre-facelift model and everything will be dandy.

???

The new cluster looks terrible! That rectangle in circles clash just jars. 

brz-17-multi-function-display.jpg

From a design point of view that is horrid on many levels. Offset rectangle in a circle .. nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually when a car I own gets facelifted I wish I had the newer car.

With this one though, can't say I'm bothered. It's fine and everything, just nothing to make you want to trade in...

Thus it possibly misses the point of a facelift...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I badly want the volume controls on the steering wheel.

Nothing else in the facelift would really matter to me. 

Is that something that can be retrofitted (eg by changing the steering wheel) ? How much could that cost ?

On 10/13/2016 at 5:09 PM, Deacon said:

I'm not but if I was it'd have to be the BRZ this time. The front of the facelift 86 is at best a 'double-bager' 

I personally agreed having seen the promo shots, but now i've started to see them with plates on they make a lot more sense.

Well our showroom/demo car has arrived.

same old key20161020_135951_zps4ncx7lhf.jpg

stopwatch

20161020_140137_zpsia503sbo.jpg

G-meter

20161020_140144_zpsioindiwo.jpg

new nav screen/DAB

20161020_140156_zpsxilij5ar.jpg

New seats with red trim actually look good!

20161020_140358_zpsulijmqky.jpg

perforated seats

20161020_140404_zpsx7syczl9.jpg

new wheel design is 10x better then before

20161020_140429_zpsitiy5zdb.jpg

Kind of crazy for Toyota to not send a spoilered car as a 1st unit but pearl white looks well again

20161020_140436_zpsugy4xy27.jpg

2 minutes ago, aspen said:

Looks good. I'm torn between a new one or saving myself a huge amount of cash and just buying another orange 1st gen to replace my stolen car. 

Was you the guy who had 2 cars taken?

3 hours ago, nikndel said:

Was you the guy who had 2 cars taken?

Yes that was me unfortunately! 

Got my my wife's car back as it turns out it had a tracker installed that we didn't know about... mine was recovered a month later after a pursuit! Insurance company had already paid out on it though.