Sign in to follow this  
KobayashiMaru

Trolley Jack

Got mine from machine mart. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ctj2250lp-2-25-tonne-low-profile-trolle/?da=1&TC=GS-020113070&gclid=Cj0KEQjwi_W9BRD_3uio_Jz-p8UBEiQANU80vrw0Scac8PuD7eET5YhxyepwTxV8X9wwqSNHbelmecEaAtFl8P8HAQ 

80mm low entry point is great for getting under lowered cars.

Ive used it countless times and had it has worked faultlessly. Good price too.

10 hours ago, Will T8WMM said:

Got mine from machine mart. https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-ctj2250lp-2-25-tonne-low-profile-trolle/?da=1&TC=GS-020113070&gclid=Cj0KEQjwi_W9BRD_3uio_Jz-p8UBEiQANU80vrw0Scac8PuD7eET5YhxyepwTxV8X9wwqSNHbelmecEaAtFl8P8HAQ 

80mm low entry point is great for getting under lowered cars.

Ive used it countless times and had it has worked faultlessly. Good price too.

This is one I saw that looked good. Handy it comes with some sockets too. Have to get one as local tyre places want silly money for swapping or rotating wheels.

Haven't looked yet but does the 86 have standard jacking points?

11 hours ago, rob275 said:

I got my low profile jack from Costco for £90, I was going to link it but seems its not on there anymore!

I've been eyeing that one up for months, waiting for it to go on offer though as I'm too tight to pay £90 :lol:

15 minutes ago, KobayashiMaru said:

Haven't looked yet but does the 86 have standard jacking points?

You can use standard seam weld points or there's a central point at the front and rear if you have a look in the manual it pictures them ;)

6 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

I have a boggo Halfords one and it's fine. Only just fits underneath though even at stock height

I have that one; it's a bit of a pain on a lowered car as you have to lift a corner first with the tool kit jack to get the trolley jack under.

Agree. I think they do a low profile one though... Haven't tried since I fitted the coilovers. It's not much lower, but probably too low for the jack - oh well. I'll resort to driving onto a couple of planks first ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always used a fairly standard one but make sure i drive my car up on to some thick wood. Always good practice as I usually find myself using two jacks anyway to either get one side up at a time or as the gt86 you could get front and back up and support on axle stands

15 hours ago, Deacon said:

I've got some thule caravan levelling ramps I use to give easy access for pretty much any jack. Think they were about £25 and I could get my car on them even when it was lowered 60mm

Might have to get myself some ramps...

Got the one at Machine Mart in the end. Waiting for it to be delivered. Going to order axle stands now, Just need to work out how I jack up one side to swap wheels safely. The old days would be a sleeper on the axle

If you're going to rotate the wheels it's recommended to swap the left and right at the front (see owner's manual for a diagram). Because of that you're best off jacking front and back and putting it on 4 axle stands on the sills so you can take all the wheels off.