Robster

Hey Ya! from Kent

Hey everyone

I bought my GT86 about a month ago and found this place on Friday, so I thought I should say hey! I'm hoping to partake in the TSS next year as that looks mega (here's hoping for a round at Brands or Lydden as they're my local circuits!) and some social meets in the future. Here's my car, as it appears everyone posts one customary picture:

IMG_1845.JPG

32 minutes ago, Willtl said:

Welcome! I think a few other people on the forum have cars that look similar.

Indeed! Not seen many white ones out and about but plenty of photos of others on here

1 hour ago, Robster said:

Here's hoping for a round at Brands or Lydden as they're my local circuits!

Keep hoping..... southern circuits are too expensive apparently. The closest we'll get is Snett or Woodbridge :blink:

8 minutes ago, Ztox said:

Welcome to the club :) There is a meet at The Grasshopper Inn on the 3rd September which isn't too far from you if you're free ;)

I thought it was an evening thing so I'm glad you reposted, should be free for that as its lunch!

2 hours ago, Keethos said:

Congrats and welcome to the club, any plans for mods etc?

Not currently, but if I was ever thinking about getting a car with more power, I'd be more tempted to put a turbo on this

Welcome aboard. Unlikely it seems there'll be those circuits on the TSS. Lydden is possible, but a long way for for those not in the south. Brands is too expensive really. The better circuits are in the north, though I would say. 

Good luck with the car, it's not too late to get paid up for JAE. :)

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. Unlikely it seems there'll be those circuits on the TSS. Lydden is possible, but a long way for for those not in the south. Brands is too expensive really. The better circuits are in the north, though I would say. 

Good luck with the car, it's not too late to get paid up for JAE. :)

Amazingly I've never been north of Donington before so I'll take your word for it :) JAE seems great but I'm already away that weekend so another time. Look forward to seeing some southerners at the start of September though!

3 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

Welcome along!! At brands hatch on the 24th for an evening session.

Damn man I would totally join you there but I'm going to Reading Festival the next day and leaving at silly o'clock in the morning. We should give each other a shout if we do another one at Brands in the future!

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

Welcome on board :) brands is my closest circuit too. Hopefully i'll have more funds for it next year as this year has been well and truly abysmal 

Awesome! I fully intend to go back again next year, such an awesome circuit even just in the Indy configuration

A big welcome from me too! White 86 too, but mine is LHD. :)

You guys are lucky to have so many circuits on the island. I only have one proper(ish) "Sokol" racetrack about 80 km from the town I live in. Never been there though. Yet. ;) 

The UK has a huge motorsport history, so we have many circuits to drive. I've driven all but two (Llandow and Thruxton), but there really are some gems in the UK for sure. Cadwell Park, Croft, Donington Park and Oulton Park are the best IME. 

4 hours ago, Lauren said:

The UK has a huge motorsport history, so we have many circuits to drive. I've driven all but two (Llandow and Thruxton), but there really are some gems in the UK for sure. Cadwell Park, Croft, Donington Park and Oulton Park are the best IME. 

Surprised you've not driven Llandow Lauren, great fun little track. Although I've not driven the 86 there, I can imagine it would suit the 86 down to the ground. 

It's certainly not the most technical given that it's basically just an oval with a few chicanes thrown in, but it's wide enough to have a lot of fun, and whenever I've been there it's attracted some awesome cars.

7 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

Surprised you've not driven Llandow Lauren, great fun little track. Although I've not driven the 86 there, I can imagine it would suit the 86 down to the ground. 

It's certainly not the most technical given that it's basically just an oval with a few chicanes thrown in, but it's wide enough to have a lot of fun, and whenever I've been there it's attracted some awesome cars.

I've been round as a passenger and had the opportunity to drive it, but didn't think it worth it tbh.