TTR

Respray

Any particular place anyone would recommend to get a full body respray? May be running into more funds sooner than anticipated :D

Preferably somewhere close to Milton Keynes, but not fussed about travelling a decent mileage for a good job!

10 minutes ago, Tareim said:

any particular reason for a respray? changing colour or just fixing paint chips?

Changing colour! :D

Just now, Tareim said:

traitor! leaving #TeamRed 

have you thought about getting it wrapped instead?

Maybe I'm just getting a different, more interesting red ;)

I have thought about getting it wrapped, but the cars that I've seen just like kinda crap up close.

2 hours ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

What are they like price-wise Rob?

They aren't expensive by any means, given the calibre of cars they sort out! It's a simple case of you get what you pay for....

@Ztox had some touchups done so I think he can comment better on their pricing. I had a lot of custom work done so it cost me the best part of £4k

Get a decent wrap. A proper change of colour respray is going to be a couple of grand, once you consider all the door/boot shuts and engine bay etc. If a wrap is done properly it should look like a decent paint job and cost a fraction of the cost, protects the paint underneath and probably benefit you come resale time as you can offer it in the standard or custom colour.

Wraps certainly have their advantages but a decent one costs near enough the same as a respray. Most wraps cost 1600ish. If you're paying less than that expect an awful product to be used and it'll bubble. You will of course also see joins here and there. How good the joins are again depends how much you're willing to pay for it.

I'm after a couple of holes filled and then a bumper respray, and then a spoiler removal, 4 holes filled and a boot respray. Have sent them an enquiry form, will see what they come back with.

28 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

I'm after a couple of holes filled and then a bumper respray, and then a spoiler removal, 4 holes filled and a boot respray. Have sent them an enquiry form, will see what they come back with.

I'm going to guestimate at £400 for the bumper and £350 for the boot. Lets see how close I am :D 

3 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I'm going to guestimate at £400 for the bumper and £350 for the boot. Lets see how close I am :D 

how much??? I could probably get it all done for no more than £400 at the most, then again I don't have a pearl paint so...

3 minutes ago, rob275 said: I'm going to guestimate at £400 for the bumper and £350 for the boot. Lets see how close I am  

how much??? I could probably get it all done for no more than £400 at the most, then again I don't have a pearl paint so...

Like I said, you get what you pay for, you can pay £400 and have the holes filled only for them to sink in a few years or you can pay more and have the job done properly. But yeah, I was quoting based on Pearl, which arguably adds a couple hundred anyway.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, undercharged said:

Don't you guys need any paperwork to be done upon a change of colour in the UK?

We just inform the licencing authority, the DVLA of the colour change. Not a problem. It's just a change in the vehicle details. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

We just inform the licencing authority, the DVLA of the colour change. Not a problem. It's just a change in the vehicle details. 

This is so cool compared to what we have here in this landlocked rotten radioactive dump. I wish I could go back to Aberdeen and respray my 86 ginger!