Mark@Abbey M/S

Abbey Motorsport Cobra larger capacity HFC

16 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Need a test car Mark? 😉

Mine would be a good car to test it on given that I'm still stock secondary cat.

Let me know 😃

Will be doing a group buy I expect.

Going to try it on our demo car hopefully next week for MOT emission testing.

Before I forget what was the name of the Stereo fitted in your car please , also did you get my quote re the final drive change?

Sorry mate, I completely forgot to reply. Will send you a PM on here immediately.

Yes, I got your quote. Don't wanna spend any money until I can get this manifold whistle fixed as I think I've worked out what it is now.

2 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Sorry mate, I completely forgot to reply. Will send you a PM on here immediately.

Yes, I got your quote. Don't wanna spend any money until I can get this manifold whistle fixed as I think I've worked out what it is now.

whats the noise then?

thanks

We have a very strong feeling it's the, likely cheaply made flex joints used on the longer runners.

Another member mentioned that he had the same noise I'm experiencing on a previous car, which was fixed by the flex joints being replaced. I also found out that my fitter didn't leak test the flex joints, only the flanges.

Gonna see if I can get the exhaust place that made my catback to either cut them out and replace them, or try and seal them up properly. 

That is, unless you have any suggestions and/or solutions?

Mark

can I ask a few questions, I understand the car passed its mot was this with the standard manifold or a de-catted version ?

What do you mean without the extra silencer ?

With my car as it is, is this a good idea to fit or should I wait until I change the manifold as well ?

In your opinion what power is it safe to take the standard engine too ?

Many Thanks

Rod

10 hours ago, Bles said:

Mark

can I ask a few questions, I understand the car passed its mot was this with the standard manifold or a de-catted version ?

What do you mean without the extra silencer ?

With my car as it is, is this a good idea to fit or should I wait until I change the manifold as well ?

In your opinion what power is it safe to take the standard engine too ?

Many Thanks

Rod

1) This was the only cat in the system

2) Ade has asked if an extra silencer can be fitted as an option

3) Fitting this should give you a similar power gain as a straight through pipe. Fitting this on itself is a simple change to do.

4) It seems that the generic consensus on this is ~300whp (similar figures on the hub dyno would be applicable ;) ). If you're not going to a smaller pulley on the SC the you should be fine no matter what exhaust setup you go for. It's actually torque that are the killer for the rods, rather than peak power. So you could work that out accordingly.

Working on a 2nd HFC cat pipe with extra resonator at the moment.

We are happy to go 280bhp hub bhp without any issues, we can tune the torque from the motor to keep the motor safe as Steve has said the issue with the motors is peak cylinder pressure not bhp @ high RPM.

thanks

@Mark@Abbey M/S - When I had my exhaust made (it was custom made) the guys that designed it made it a little different to OEM. There is a flange between overpipe and secondary CAT as normal, but the a flange directly after the second cat, rather than a meter of pipe. 

Would it be possible for you to fabricate it to fit? I'm happy to buy the CAT, and then pay for any time to re-fabricate.

On 8/3/2016 at 1:36 PM, S18 RSG said:

@Mark@Abbey M/S - When I had my exhaust made (it was custom made) the guys that designed it made it a little different to OEM. There is a flange between overpipe and secondary CAT as normal, but the a flange directly after the second cat, rather than a meter of pipe. 

Would it be possible for you to fabricate it to fit? I'm happy to buy the CAT, and then pay for any time to re-fabricate.

So your need the HFC fitted to your be-spoke system you had made?

On 8/3/2016 at 1:36 PM, S18 RSG said: @Mark@Abbey M/S - When I had my exhaust made (it was custom made) the guys that designed it made it a little different to OEM. There is a flange between overpipe and secondary CAT as normal, but the a flange directly after the second cat, rather than a meter of pipe. 

So your need the HFC fitted to your be-spoke system you had made?

Basically, yes. Whichever way is easiest. I would imagine getting the catted front pipe you're selling here and cutting the existing pipework to fit may be easiest, but I'm good with whatever works.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

200 cell Ceramic brick, better quality cat than the original Cobra HFC and a large capacity brick as well so it will hold more heat. 

ACE header bolted back on our Demo car with the new Cobra HFC no additional tuning done , just drove up and carried out a normal MOT emission test.

ZMTDRV.jpg

kGbE9U.jpg

We think we can get a small extra resonator in the blue ringed position but our car with the stock exhaust system is only slight louder than a stock car at idle and general driving , not pulled any full throttle pulls yet as want to check the map on our in house dyno.

Should have some news back from Cobra very soon I hope