1 hour ago, MikeB said:

TD did my auto last year and had it a couple of times to get the map right for auto’s. Only 3 maps, one for economy/service, one for road and last one for sharper throttle for track. We did find the car bogged down on full throttle below 2,000 rev’s and Mike managed to dial it out as best they could (I have to use hand controls so can’t keep foot on brake and plant foot on throttle).

This is with there EL manifold and full resonated system apart from Milltek overpipe and very happy with results and ten times better than previous remap and system.

I have also had rear diff ratio changed from 4.1 to 4.67 which makes a big difference to the way the car drives and would recommend as the first mod to an auto. It lifts the revs in each gear and makes cruising on motorway a lot better and only drop a few mpg.

Thanks for your reply, that’s really helpful. I was thinking something which changes the shifting rpm when in auto mode might be quite useful, and something around throttle response when in manual mode. Seems like he’s done a few autos so he should know what is and isn’t possible :-) the economy one might have been useful last week when I was running on empty waiting for shell’s double points deal!

Funny you mention final drive - that’s on my to do list either at the same time as the TD ‘torque dip’ package or slightly after, depending on labour cost. Was thinking of going slightly higher though at 4.88, but it means importing from America, which is slightly irritating. Just don’t know if 4.67 will deliver what I’m after :-\ too many options!

1 hour ago, Kaisersalsek said:

Thanks for your reply, that’s really helpful. I was thinking something which changes the shifting rpm when in auto mode might be quite useful, and something around throttle response when in manual mode. Seems like he’s done a few autos so he should know what is and isn’t possible :-) the economy one might have been useful last week when I was running on empty waiting for shell’s double points deal!

Funny you mention final drive - that’s on my to do list either at the same time as the TD ‘torque dip’ package or slightly after, depending on labour cost. Was thinking of going slightly higher though at 4.88, but it means importing from America, which is slightly irritating. Just don’t know if 4.67 will deliver what I’m after :-\ too many options!

I cannot comment on 4.88 as do not know anybody who has had it fitted but 4.67 works fine and you would see the change. Mike has MFactory 4.67 listed on his website and I have not had any problems with mine and would do this mod first as it makes a big difference. You will notice a slight wine as it’s a semi helical cut gear but it’s not intrusive.

Have a chat with Mike as he knows my car and can advise you.

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Well probably the throttle auto blip is useful for those that can't drive but obviously not relevant to an auto. 

Always the high and mighty..... It's actually quite a good feature if set up well, whether you can or can't drive. Surprisingly many cars these days come with this feature. IDGAF about H&T.....must mean I'm a poor driver :ph34r: (I used H&T all the time in my EK9 FWIW, much nicer pedal setup).

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Always a preferable option but I like having the map there just in case. 😀

Alternatively the ECU kind of does it for you anyway. The 95 style maps are only really there for giving it beans on low RON fuel, but the OEM knock system should take care of that. On an NA car I'd say it's a non-issue/ Cruising will never be an issue no matter what RON you run.

21 hours ago, Kaisersalsek said:

Always good to hear positive feedback. I have been considering the remap/ header and the lower final drive for my auto so glad to hear people like it.

21 hours ago, Kaisersalsek said:

Feel free to give me a shout with any questions or queries you may have. The 4.67FD makes a lovely difference to an automatic also, i'd recommend it. :) 

Thanks

Mike

3 hours ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Feel free to give me a shout with any questions or queries you may have. The 4.67FD makes a lovely difference to an automatic also, i'd recommend it. :) 

Thanks

Mike

Will do - I’m getting everything together (including money 😂) so will be a few months before I’m ready to firmly book for the manifold etc package and final drive, but will definately be in touch closer to the time, as I do have a few questions!

I'm booked in for the NA Tuning package plus H&R lowering springs tomorrow.  I'm still loving my BRZ and I don't subscribe to the view that it's underpowered, it's already faster than my supercharged CR-Z was.  However, although the torque dip is not terrible I can feel it and it would be great to improve the midrange grunt as that's just where you want on-demand torque to be in road driving.

So I'm looking forward to meeting Mike and experiencing some TD goodness.  I'll report back soon.

I've just got back from Warrington after a day with @Mike@TD.co.uk doing some work on the BRZ.  This is what was done:

• TD UEL exhaust manifold
  • TD overpipe
  • Titanium heat wrap
  • K&N panel filter
  • ECUTeK remap
  • H&R Super Sport lowering springs
  • Powerflex front camber bolts
  • MTEC shifter springs
  • Installation
  • Before/after dyno runs
  • Fast road wheel alignment

I have the following initial observations although I want to do much more driving to fully learn how it responds now:

Torque
There is obviously a great wedge of torque available in the midrange but also across the range which really transforms flexibility and makes the car a joy to drive.  Great pickup, too, with the ECUTeK giving fast throttle response.  I was keeping up with some fast cars on the drive back!

Sound
Although still quiet with the stock exhaust, there is a V8-like snarl in the cabin when giving it beans due to the UEL beat and greater power.

Ride
Just like my experience with Eibach progressive springs, the H&R springs lose nothing in ride quality, yet stiffen up noticeably in corners and lower the car by about 25mm, which is perfect for me as my car is my daily commuter.

Gear Shift
As someone else observed, it snicks precisely like a rifle bolt.

So thank you to Mike for being helpful, friendly and doing great work.  One more happy customer!

24 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I've just got back from Warrington after a day with @Mike@TD.co.uk doing some work on the BRZ.  This is what was done:

• TD overpipe
  • Titanium heat wrap
  • K&N panel filter
  • ECUTeK remap
  • MTEC shifter springs
  • Installation
  • Before/after dyno runs

I have the following initial observations although I want to do much more driving to fully learn how it responds now:

Torque
There is obviously a great wedge of torque available in the midrange but also across the range which really transforms flexibility and makes the car a joy to drive.  Great pickup, too, with the ECUTeK giving fast throttle response.  I was keeping up with some fast cars on the drive back!

Sound
Although still quiet with the stock exhaust, there is a V8-like snarl in the cabin when giving it beans due to the UEL beat and greater power.

Ride
Just like my experience with Eibach progressive springs, the H&R springs lose nothing in ride quality, yet stiffen up noticeably in corners and lower the car by about 25mm, which is perfect for me as my car is my daily commuter.

Gear Shift

So thank you to Mike for being helpful, friendly and doing great work.  One more happy customer!

That’s just the sort of report I wanted to hear. 

Mines due to have exactly the same engine mods next Saturday. 

Sounds like the long round trip from Bristol will be well worth the journey.

Thanks😎

34 minutes ago, Cerec1 said:

That’s just the sort of report I wanted to hear. 

Mines due to have exactly the same engine mods next Saturday. 

Sounds like the long round trip from Bristol will be well worth the journey.

Thanks😎

you wont regret making the trip!

5 hours ago, MartinT said:

• TD overpipe
  • Titanium heat wrap
  • K&N panel filter
  • ECUTeK remap
  • MTEC shifter springs
  • Installation
  • Before/after dyno runs

Torque

Sound

Ride

Gear Shift

I've been looking at the n/a package a lot recently and I'm seeing nothing but great reviews about it! I live in Northern Ireland so will be an expensive trip across but from I'm seeing from reviews I'll be heading with nothing but smiles! (PS new to the forum so hey😁)

5 hours ago, x14JSx said:

I've been looking at the n/a package a lot recently and I'm seeing nothing but great reviews about it! I live in Northern Ireland so will be an expensive trip across but from I'm seeing from reviews I'll be heading with nothing but smiles! (PS new to the forum so hey😁)

Could you not order the parts and take to a dealer there? 

I'm sure I could get them sent and fitted over no problem, it would be the mapping side of things that would have me go over. I'm not too sure if there's an ECUtek Turner over here

6 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Could you not order the parts and take to a dealer there? 

He'd be way, way better off getting it all done at TD. They fitted loads of these now and are well used to fitting and tuning the parts they supply. It's only half an hour's drive from Liverpool to Warrington. 

Well the curve says it all. Great result. Sadly not really been able to fully appreciate the results as the drive back to Bristol was 170 odd miles of motorway.

Initial impression is that the car is in one gear lower than it is, pick up is quite instant. 

Looking forward to putting some A and B road miles on the car as soon as possible.

i know I won’t be disappointed.

Thanks to Mike and his unseen grafting brother for great service.

5B7FABC4-9B4A-4997-AD94-D4B19547B360.jpeg

2 hours ago, Cerec1 said:

Initial impression is that the car is in one gear lower than it is, pick up is quite instant.

It's quite infectious.  Even overtaking on the motorway is easier now, drop down to 5th and you've got some real go (and a great soundtrack).

1 minute ago, Nails said:

What are the 4 switchable maps?

Can be custom to what you prefer however for those that don't have a preference we tend to do the following:

1 - Full Power

2 - Full Power, LC, Auto Blip

3 - Full Power, LC, Auto Blip, Flat Foot Shift

4 - 'Safe' Low Octane

Thanks

Mike

7 hours ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Can be custom to what you prefer however for those that don't have a preference we tend to do the following:

1 - Full Power

2 - Full Power, LC, Auto Blip

3 - Full Power, LC, Auto Blip, Flat Foot Shift

4 - 'Safe' Low Octane

Thanks

Mike

So mode 2 and 3 are essentially the same?? You can't accidentally activate FFS or LC so why bother having them in a separate map mode?

10 hours ago, knightryder said:

So mode 2 and 3 are essentially the same?? You can't accidentally activate FFS or LC so why bother having them in a separate map mode?

As I say it is a general thing we do if people do not have a preference, if people have a preference then we'll do as they wish.

Thanks

Mike

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, VAD17 said:

Noise tested at Bedford today - 74.5db @ 4.5k revs.
(Just NA tuning package with manifold, no cat back)
Plenty of headroom for Thruxton🖒emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just the information I was looking for. Assume this is with TD manifold, stock 2nd CAT and stock cat back?

This is the setup I was looking at but also wanted to keep the DB as low as possible so this is good news.

Just the information I was looking for. Assume this is with TD manifold, stock 2nd CAT and stock cat back?
This is the setup I was looking at but also wanted to keep the DB as low as possible so this is good news.
Yes, exactly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk