Sign in to follow this  
KellyStark

Collection of products is growing ...

Recently purchased my GT86 and have invested in to some new products (Dodo Juice Light Fantastic wax and Amigo glaze). All of the other products are what I have accumulated over the years. I am yet to try the new products due to bad weather but fingers crossed I will get a chance this week! Anyone else using these? 

Any recommendations for trying other products please post away!

I've always used cleanmycar to purchase products. Has anyone got any other suggestions for websites/shops worth having a look at?

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

I've just waxed mine with dodo juice purple haze (for dark paint) and it's come up pretty good, I still want to get it detailed/polished as the previous owner must of took it through a car wash or something it's a bit swirly.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

5573c968925feb8864949b10d69c7a5f.jpg

1 minute ago, Kirsty80 said:

I've just waxed mine with dodo juice purple haze (for dark paint) and it's come up pretty good, I still want to get it detailed/polished as the previous owner must of took it through a car wash or something it's a bit swirly.

have you considered hand polishing? Or even if you buy a polishing machine it's not hard just time consuming. Could be worth investing if you're in to detailing. 

I wouldn't want to risk a machine as I've never used one myself, I'd rather get someone to correct it that knows what they are doing, then I can just keep on top of cleaning it properly. I have polished it a bit by hand and it's alot better than it was.

9 minutes ago, Kirsty80 said:

I wouldn't want to risk a machine as I've never used one myself, I'd rather get someone to correct it that knows what they are doing, then I can just keep on top of cleaning it properly. I have polished it a bit by hand and it's alot better than it was.

Black is hard work to maintain as i'm sure you're aware! Both of my previous cars have been black...

If you don't feel confident then yeah it could be worth getting someone to do it for you, I'm sure you will love the results.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:38 PM, Kirsty80 said:

I've never taken mine through a wash or allowed anyone else to wash it from new and have always washed it carefully but still see plenty of swirls in the sunshine - it's the nature of modern soft points/lacquer unfortunately. What you could try though is a filler glaze before you wax as that should get rid of most of them. I like Autoglym Super Resin Polish, but for a black car I don't think you can do better than Poorboys Black Hole, it's an easy wipe on wipe off and then layer your wax on top (which will help it last longer - but any filler glaze is always a temporary (2 or 3 months) solution.

Also if you don't already give it a clay once or twice a year before glaze/wax as a good prep - the G3 clay mitt (Halfords) is really easy, use your normal car shampoo to keep it wet and gently glide it across the panels and it picks up all the crud/old wax leaving a perfectly clean and smooth surface in a matter of minutes.

On 6/12/2016 at 11:38 PM, Kirsty80 said:  

I've never taken mine through a wash or allowed anyone else to wash it from new and have always washed it carefully but still see plenty of swirls in the sunshine - it's the nature of modern soft points/lacquer unfortunately. What you could try though is a filler glaze before you wax as that should get rid of most of them. I like Autoglym Super Resin Polish, but for a black car I don't think you can do better than Poorboys Black Hole, it's an easy wipe on wipe off and then layer your wax on top (which will help it last longer - but any filler glaze is always a temporary (2 or 3 months) solution.

Also if you don't already give it a clay once or twice a year before glaze/wax as a good prep - the G3 clay mitt (Halfords) is really easy, use your normal car shampoo to keep it wet and gently glide it across the panels and it picks up all the crud/old wax leaving a perfectly clean and smooth surface in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give the poor boys a go, I've heard alot of good reviews of there products 😀

I always hand wash my cars, so hopefully it won't get any worse

Sorted all my bits out last weekend threw away a lot of it just because they are all small 500ml bottles, find it easier to just buy 5l at a time of everything now.