long-gone

Known Issues

On 10/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, Lauren said:

The 12year warranty is clearly for body panels. This is not a body panel, so it will not be covered, I would say. But it is still within the usual 5 year warranty. 

Lucky me as the A-pillar / Quarterlight puller rust even happens on 2017’s, I am just within the 5 year warranty and the 10 year extended one, would not cover this I don’t think. Waiting to see if my Local Toyota will honor this or I have to fork out £500(they replace glass also not sure why) or try do myself 😕. Mine started peeling last week.

F48C0E98-F57D-4366-9703-32DA669B5A12.jpeg

307BB4A9-4E75-4FC2-93CB-70F37BE025E3.jpeg

On 4/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, Joolz said:

Lucky me as the A-pillar / Quarterlight puller rust even happens on 2017’s, I am just within the 5 year warranty and the 10 year extended one, would not cover this I don’t think. Waiting to see if my Local Toyota will honor this or I have to fork out £500(they replace glass also not sure why) or try do myself 😕. Mine started peeling last week

It's easy enough to replace, they come as one with the glass. Mine "exploded" on the motorway and I got a 2nd hand replacement and did it on my drive. From memory a little bit of a pain but not difficult at all.

So spoke to my nice Local Toyota again today and they contacted Warranty Dept on my behalf after taking pictures and said damage was not enough to warrant repair.

I informed the staff I will use a paint pen for this and seemed fine with that. The nice Senior lady I was dealing with said if gets worse contact her back and she will talk to Warranty Dept again.

As you can see below paint pen worked pretty well and cannot even tell it was there. Should cover rust if that is what the brown mark is (could be brown material/underneath coating though).

D3AECD57-F72B-4653-88D4-80E0CBCF8CEA.jpeg

A76605E4-4C39-4338-8317-8A509CC915C9.jpeg

On 4/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, Kodename47 said:

It's easy enough to replace, they come as one with the glass. Mine "exploded" on the motorway and I got a 2nd hand replacement and did it on my drive. From memory a little bit of a pain but not difficult at all.

Thanks will look into this if gets worse. Am incredibly surprised no You Tube video on this as was gonna look how easy it is.