13 minutes ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

@DanJ good infomation , will be good to see @Ade data as well from yesterday.

Can we also see graphs with RPM and car speed with IAT if possible please.

Thanks

I only logged IAT, ambient, oil and water. I was shifting at 7500rpms. Will get some up soon.

59 minutes ago, knightryder said:

How did you guys find the difference in FDs?

We didn't do any VBOX logging in the end :(

How did you guys find the difference in FDs?

I don't think there's much in it at Snetterton, I was just a gear higher than Ade most corners, but not having to use 2nd gear anywhere was a huge plus!

Tracks where you have to pull 6th with the 4.1FD will show the biggest difference I think.

Only corner where I might have chosen second, but still traction limited on corner exit in third so it saved one gear change on the straight which was quicker.

Here's the 4-4:20pm Session. Ambient Temp was ~10C

Conditions were damp so I started out easy and built up.

Snet270416-4pm_zpsnumtiafi.png

and here's an earlier session before it rained. Ambient was a little warmer ~12C

This one was dry and I was driving a little more consistently. You can see the coolant temp spike going down Bentley straight every couple minutes.

Snet270416-250pm_zpsz1ikdqnm.png

Edit - improved formatting and added 15 sec moving average filters overlay.

12 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

Oil temperatures are hot, do cosworth charges use oil from the sump?

That is Engine oil  temperature. 110C is pretty good for engine oil temp. 

Just now, Ade said:

That is Engine oil and Engine coolant temperature! 110C is pretty good for engine oil temp. 

I understand that. But does the cosworth charger use oil from the sump. I have a sprintex, and it contains its own oil. I assume the cosworth does too.

Where are you taking the Oil temp data from?

3 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

I understand that. But does the cosworth charger use oil from the sump. I have a sprintex, and it contains its own oil. I assume the cosworth does too.

The car has an oil temp sensor stock, the info is available via any OBD device (P3 Gauge/ECUtek/Torque Pro with custom PID added).

6 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

That's oil temp taken from the standard engine oil temperature sensor. Same as Dans data from above.

The eaton units (harrop is an eaton unit too) have a self contained oil which need changing every 100k miles.

1 minute ago, Ade said:

That's oil temp taken from the standard engine oil temperature sensor. Same as Dans data from above.

No the eaton units (harrop is an eaton unit too) have a self contained oil which need changing every 100k miles.

Oh okay that makes sense didnt realise they had a OEM oil temp sensor, I have a Spa oil and pressure gauge in the car. I know my oil temp is taken from the sump so it will be less. It all makes sense now.

Shame the OEM oil temp is not shown on the dash, or can be accessed via my scan gauge. Can you tell me where in the engine its positioned out of interest.

What engine oil are you running?

1 minute ago, Rich196 said:

Oh okay that makes sense didnt realise they had a OEM oil temp sensor, I have a Spa oil and pressure gauge in the car. I know my oil temp is taken from the sump so it will be less. It all makes sense now.

Shame the OEM oil temp is not shown on the dash, or can be accessed via my scan gauge. Can you tell me where in the engine its positioned out of interest.

Oil temp and pressure sensor is below the oil filter, easily visible if you pop the bonnet ;) Can you add custom addresses to the sca gauge? I thought you'd be able to get the data on that.

1 minute ago, knightryder said:

Oil temp and pressure sensor is below the oil filter, easily visible if you pop the bonnet ;) Can you add custom addresses to the sca gauge? I thought you'd be able to get the data on that.

Just found this out too after a quick goggle. Didn't even occur to me you could add custom address. I know what I will be doing this weekend to see how they compare.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28374

Does the car have a OE oil pressure sensor, or is a switch?

Just now, Rich196 said:

You can pick up the Oil temp reading using a Bluetooth ODB and torque app. You just need to add a custom PID in torque. 

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23530

The oil temp sensor is located just below the oil filter. There is an oil pressure switch and an oil pressure sensor there. In terms of oil path, its right after the oil pump which picks up directly from the sump so oil temps wont be much different there vs the sump as the oil hasn't passed though the engine yet.

Im using Millers CFS 0W30

Oil pressures are about 7bar @7krpms when running at 110C oil temps. Pressure sensor location is just after the oil filter in terms of oil path. 

1 minute ago, Rich196 said:

Just found this out too after a quick goggle. Didn't even occur to me you could add custom address. I know what I will be doing this weekend to see how they compare.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28374

Does the car have a OE oil pressure sensor, or is a switch?

It's just a switch but that's where I've installed my pressure sensor and fed it to my P3.

34 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

Oil temperatures are hot, do cosworth charges use oil from the sump?

My NA car was hitting about 130C oil temp after a few laps, so those numbers are very good for a s/c car!

6 minutes ago, Ade said:

You can pick up the Oil temp reading using a Bluetooth ODB and torque app. You just need to add a custom PID in torque. 

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23530

The oil temp sensor is located just below the oil filter. There is an oil pressure switch and an oil pressure sensor there. In terms of oil path, its right after the oil pump which picks up directly from the sump so oil temps wont be much different there vs the sump as the oil hasn't passed though the engine yet.

Im using Millers CFS 0W30

Oil pressures are about 7bar @7krpms when running at 110C oil temps. Pressure sensor location is just after the oil filter in terms of oil path. 

Very surprised you are seeing such high oil pressures. Mine are round the 70 PSI, 5 BAR mark at around 100C. I am using motul 300V 5-30W. I believe the reading is being taken from the oil gallery.

10 minutes ago, Rich196 said:

Very surprised you are seeing such high oil pressures. Mine are round the 70 PSI, 5 BAR mark at around 100C. I am using motul 300V 5-30W. I believe the reading is being taken from the oil gallery.

The top oil gallery is the best place is it is just before the oil going in tot he crank journals. Unfortunately I had to move it when I install the Cossy as there isn't room. 

The oil gallery next to he AC reads about 1bar lower than at the oil filter. If you have an oil cooler, it'll read about another 0.5bar lower as there is pressure drop through the oil radiator and hoses. 

4 minutes ago, Ade said:

The top oil gallery is the best place is it is just before the oil going in tot he crank journals. Unfortunately I had to move it when I install the Cossy as there isn't room. 

The oil gallery next to he AC reads about 1bar lower than at the oil filter. If you have an oil cooler, it'll read about another 0.5bar lower as there is pressure drop through the oil radiator and hoses. 

Id need to double check, I believe mine is the one near the AC? I really am not sure. I guess with the sprintex there would be no room for the top oil gallery either? I have an oil cooler, I assume you do too.

As much as I love my car, and I love that I didnt have to spend big money doing all the modifications. I do miss be able to say with certainty what has been done off the top of my head.