45 minutes ago, will300 said:

I got a free copy with my graphic's card, however I can't be arsed to download 60gb's worth of game. :lol:

It's so good! Well worth the 4 hour download for me :lol:

1 hour ago, will300 said:

I got a free copy with my graphic's card, however I can't be arsed to download 60gb's worth of game. :lol:

is the code going free by any chance? :D

2 hours ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Yeah loved the very old version and completed the newer one 6ish odd years back, very good games and full of jumpy bits

Does that mean you have played the new one or...? :lol:

I thought it was really good although I didn't get very far before I stopped playing it. Single player games just don't hold my attention anymore. I'd still play through the originals though.

It's a bit of a shame the multiplayer development was outsourced imo, feels obviously different to the single player (not as good).

Ahh well in that case I might not have played the new one, if it came out anywhere in the last 3 yrs I wouldn't have. I used to love cod and halo, project Gotham etc on multi-player, but what destroyed it for me is buying upgrades, I think it's a right rip off grrrr

Yea I remember the good ol' days when new maps etc were free on PC. Most games now cost £90 odd by the time you own the 'full' game lol

Got myself a new wheel today, Logitech G29. Also did the Nixim brake and clutch spring mods on it. Really liking it, but my lack of a solid frame is showing as hitting the brake full force makes the pedals / chair slide around. Think I will have to rig up some sort of rough mountings from bits of wood... ;)

I bought a G29 in the Christmas sales for Dirt Rally, I've just been using the clutch pedal as the brake so far, will have to check out the Nixim mods.

17 hours ago, DanJ said:

I bought a G29 in the Christmas sales for Dirt Rally, I've just been using the clutch pedal as the brake so far, will have to check out the Nixim mods.

try removing the rubber block inside the brake pedal spring first, I did and it has made a huge difference

I have the nixim rubber block, but without the plastic endcaps. It's much better. I reckon just removing the plastic caps with the standard block and spring would be almost as good though.

The plastic caps are in the cylinder that holds the spring - if you look in there you'll see white plastic caps, they can be removed which gives a bit more travel before the rubber block.

Picture here:

Fig-6B.gif

The rubber block in and of itself works well I find - it gives a firm point in the brakes where you're simulating compressing the lines. The problem with Logitech's implementation is it's just too firm.

using Forza as the benchmark where I tested it, with the block installed I struggled to get much more than 50% braking without pushing myself away from the pedals as it becomes too stiff, removing the block allowed me to get full 100% braking, all they really should've done would be to use a thicker progressive spring to try and replicate a real pedal feel

2 hours ago, Tareim said:

using Forza as the benchmark where I tested it, with the block installed I struggled to get much more than 50% braking without pushing myself away from the pedals as it becomes too stiff, removing the block allowed me to get full 100% braking, all they really should've done would be to use a thicker progressive spring to try and replicate a real pedal feel

Mine's fairly stiff - I have my chair braced against the wall behind and the pedals braced against the wall in front (using various bits of wood).

It might be worth you looking at the nixim mod - you get a progressive spring for brake (and clutch) so even without the rubber buffer it's better than standard.

On a different game, anyone tried out the For Honor beta?  I quite liked it, very rewarding and challenging to learn the characters and move sets.  Haven't picked up the full game yet, want to finish off Assassin Creed first but uber keen!

For Honor to me is Ubisoft PVP melee game which will go along side their Rainbow Six siege,its a good concept and has promises but i think the community will die down.

Anyways i've picked up few games since i last posted here..Battlefield 1, Tales of Berseria Collectors edition out of the 1000 that was apparently only available to the UK and Resident evil 7, recently got platinum/100% completion on Dishonored 2,Mafia 3, Dragonball Xenoverse 2 and Destiny.

3 hours ago, Keethos said:

On a different game, anyone tried out the For Honor beta?  I quite liked it, very rewarding and challenging to learn the characters and move sets.  Haven't picked up the full game yet, want to finish off Assassin Creed first but uber keen!

I played the beta but sucked at it, I couldn't win the 1v1 battles

42 minutes ago, Tareim said:

I played the beta but sucked at it, I couldn't win the 1v1 battles

LOL, yeah there was a bit of a steep learning curve but I found it very satisfying when you finally get used to your character and start to really think about how you should fight your enemy etc.  Also found the Dominion to work really well, very intense and never felt too one sided, always very very close, even though it's a simple game mode of holding control points for the longest time, but if the other team captures a control point, you actually lose points so you can usually bring it back if you play the mode properly.

Been awhile since i've last posted in here..Finally decided to get rid of my broken end 10m Cat5 ethernet cable and replaced with a CAT7 cable..need replaced the others with CAT7 for PC and PS4.

Been playing mainly Nioh which i am enjoying a lot at the moment,deciding whether id want get injustice 2 for story alone and possibly try get into online matches like i did with Mortal kombat X.

If you have steam try this free to play. "Tranmissions: Element 120" 

Good so far, brings back memories of Half life 2 and all the episodes after. Which reminds me, is there ever going to be a half life 3? 

Love those games, FPS with a bit of puzzle/brain thinking in between.