Mick 1967

Auxiliary port

Aux should be Aux, shouldn't matter what device, headphone port to Aux and just switch the head unit to Aux, and just make sure the volume is cranked up, I know on android it will lower it and you have to confirm a higher volume for fear or damaging the ears etc.

Hi. Just tried to connect my iPhone through the auxiliary port and it doesn't seem to work. Is there anything I'm doing wrong. Thought it would just connect. 

Are you connecting to 'aux' - I.e the 3.5mm jack socket, or the USB connection? My iPhone 6 works just fine through the USB socket using a standard Apple lead. Or you can connect via Bluetooth too.

I have tried both and neither work. The usb symbol on the head unit is not active so I cannot switch to aux or usb. Tried iPhone 6s and iPod but no joy. Should the USB port be capable of charging my phone 

6 minutes ago, Mick 1967 said:

I have tried both and neither work. The usb symbol on the head unit is not active so I cannot switch to aux or usb. Tried iPhone 6s and iPod but no joy. Should the USB port be capable of charging my phone 

did you get your car brand new or 2nd hand? if 2nd had the previous owner may have had a different head unit then put back to standard before selling and just forgot to reconnect the usb/aux bit?

Yes it should. I think it's broken...

USB port doesn't provide enough power to charge most phones, I don't know about iPhones though. I've always had to use a USB adaptor in the power socket in glove box or centre tunnel.

Edited by daidaiiro
clarification; it does charge but at a rate lower than phone uses if using as sat nav, etc.

I had the same issue when i got my car new. Dealer had taken the head unit out n pulled the connection to the head unit out. Need to take it out and plug in again. Took toyota two tries and two days of no car to figure that out

Definitely need to increase both the phone and headunit volume up to be able to hear it,i remember needing to put volume upto 40(50 max) on my mazda2 just to hear my mp3 player through AUX. That is assuming the AUX+USB is connected properly to the headunit if it's been changed before or touched.

Hi, On the subject of Aux port (3.5mm) is there any way to get it to output the Audio from the head unit (Touch2 Go) to run a lead to the back to connect to an active sub?!

Hi, On the subject of Aux port (3.5mm) is there any way to get it to output the Audio from the head unit (Touch2 Go) to run a lead to the back to connect to an active sub?!
Aux is input not output, you will have to use high level input from the rear speaker wires

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk