Rich

Rich's Ginger 86

So my Cosworth streetmaster rear pads are shot already. Worn smooth. They've been on for about 14k road miles, and 3 track days. Unimpressive lifespan I must say - the PFC Zs at the front seem to be holding up much better despite the higher loading.

I have a set of Hawk pads to go on this weekend, lets see how they do.

Time for an update. Been a quiet year (house buying and selling getting in the way).

My 1320 manifold has finally destroyed it's crappy flexi joints. I was considering getting them replaced anyway, but now I'm thinking I'll just ditch the manifold and get a new one that's less temperamental.

image.png.e9d2f7e9ccd489282530f528efd4a23d.png

Anyone want a cheap manifold that needs a bit of welding? ;)

So to fix the broken manifold I opted for a new TD UEL. Definitely looks the part.

IMG_20180623_183226.thumb.jpg.db2e7ff60b6f0d981c8b4f6927756438.jpg

I also took the opportunity to heatshield the sump and the intake where it passes near the manifold.

IMG_20180623_191053.thumb.jpg.8338c150a467875771ffe6fb1aab14b9.jpg

Gave it proper run today. Sounds great, the whistle is gone, just a nice boxer rumble now. Very slight whooshing sounds under full throttle which is normal for a bare stainless system.

Prior to the change I had a very uneven idle abs the car felt a little down on power, that seems to be fixed now, it's pulling properly again. Also I reset the CEL and its not come back on so it seems like that is fixed too.