Rich

Rich's Ginger 86

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Are you getting your suspenders sorted at the same time? 

Hopefully I'll have Tein Flex As by the time the wheels arrive, need to work out when I have a free weekend to get it fitted though.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Looks like it will be suspension this weekend for me, Amber performance have Flex As in stock, so I'm sorted. :)

You'll be wanting to do another track day to test them out!

Well, Richard called, various bits are broken that were not obvious from the outside. :(

Nearside headlight brackets are partly broken. Not sure if I can get away with not replacing (or maybe get one from a breaker's yard).

Aircon condenser is broken, so that's a new expensive regas (mine is the expensive HFO-1234yf sadly).

Chassis legs need straightening on a jig (already suspected this one).

You should be able to find a headlight nowadays, there's at least 1 company who races the GT86 that has replaced the headlights with dummies and I'm pretty sure there's been a few posts on FB about people braking the cars up for spare parts...

Presumably there are labour charges you can save by doing simpler things yourself?

Does the quote include a new headlight? If you can fix the brackets, that's an easy save...

There's some labour, but a lot of it is bodywork which I'd really need fixing all at once before the bumper is resprayed. Not sure I'd save that much. I can definitely save some by not getting the A/C regassed by them, and hopefully by fitting my own headlight. Not sure if there is much more than that to save.

Spoke to Richard again this morning.

Aircon gas change requires a new compressor which makes it uneconomical compared to a regas, even with the crazy gas prices.

Headlights are being swapped for aftermarket units from Fensport, saving me a fair chunk, even more if I can sell off my driver's side headlight on ebay. Apparently the whole bottom of the casing is broken rather than just the brackets, so not worth trying to save the passenger side unit.

Decided to just get the rest done, it retains Toyota warranty that way, and I know I'll have a car with everything lined up and tidy.

Small update, car has been straightened out now, still waiting on parts though (due Tuesday). Might have it back next week (I hope). Really getting bored of the Yaris now. ;)