Andrew Smith

Drivers Club Musicians

So I was just wondering how many musicians we have here.

I play most styles of guitar and have a  rock n roll, rock, blues band that we take out gigging most weekends around Derby, Nottingham, Burton, Leicester.... anywhere that will have us really

https://www.facebook.com/Sneaky-Freak-1488151801451314/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel 

We like to boogie on a Saturday night

IMG_0165.JPG

Lol, the newer versions of Rock Band gives players a chance to solo freestyle in some songs, I even went as far as getting the advanced guitar but never really stuck to it which is a real shame, would love to play the guitar properly.

I don't know about all that rock band stuff but the best advice I can give is get hold of a guitar, buy a Justin Sandercoe beginners course and play for just 10 minutes or longer every day and see how you feel after a month, then come to me for lessons :)

Lol, the newer versions of Rock Band gives players a chance to solo freestyle in some songs, I even went as far as getting the advanced guitar but never really stuck to it which is a real shame, would love to play the guitar properly.

In all seriousness - just buy one and have a go. You'd be amazed how many songs are about three chords and a bit of distortion . Which means you can have fun quite quickly.

The trick is to buy a guitar and amp secondhand. They rarely lose any more value, so if you decide it's not for you you can get your money back. Just take someone you know who plays to pick one... And whatever the gear snobs might say, cheap guitars are pretty good these days....

Guitarist for last 50 yrs, I started young. Just play for fun now. Collection includes a prs custom, a Jem signed by Steve vai , 5 pickup strat, banjo, ukelele, 12 string, variax and a couple of keyboards. Got rid of the marshal stack, it wouldn't fit in the 86 boot😀

12 hours ago, Kelloggs said:

Guitarist for last 50 yrs, I started young. Just play for fun now. Collection includes a prs custom, a Jem signed by Steve vai , 5 pickup strat, banjo, ukelele, 12 string, variax and a couple of keyboards. Got rid of the marshal stack, it wouldn't fit in the 86 boot😀

I managed to get my head and 2x12, 2 guitars and all the bags of cables in the boot. Totally practical for the gigging musician.

I recon we have enough folks for a club band now :D

Folding rear seat certainly helps. Reckon there's room for a 4x12 in there, you just might need to saw it up to get it through the boot aperture :-)

Couldn't get all my stuff in. I think I'm up to four acoustics, six electrics and two basses now :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Used to play bass, many years since I picked one up now.

You are in, all we need now is a drummer

11 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Folding rear seat certainly helps. Reckon there's room for a 4x12 in there, you just might need to saw it up to get it through the boot aperture :-)

Couldn't get all my stuff in. I think I'm up to four acoustics, six electrics and two basses now :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I'm not the only one here with GAS, I really need a clear out

Old thread, but maybe worthwhile. I'm a bassist, not by trade, but music is one of my hobbies. I like to play covers of mainly Punk Rock, Metal songs.

Ha, I like to pretend I can play guitar too - not good enough to play on stage though. However much I practice I'm just a bit ham-fisted.

@Ztox what was the name of your band? There's a better than average chance I've seen you play at some point!

I do play some other instruments as well like keyboard and guitar, bass is my main instrument.

Last summer I was invited to play on stage with The Lillingtons, a punk rock band from Wyoming. Great experience! 😎