Nicebiscuit

The Wheels Thread

4 minutes ago, nikndel said:

Does it ?

unless things have changed which I've not seen (have just picked up the parts relevant to this thread below)

"Published on

27 March 2013

What’s changed?

A raft of new MOT checks were announced in January last year, but not all of them took immediate effect.

The ones that didn’t kick in last January are now, as of March 20, in effect. For most cars the additional checks will include:

- Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) 

How can I make sure I pass?

If any kind of warning light pops up on your dashboard, you’ll need to get it checked as soon as possible. While in the past you might have just gotten away with it, there’s a chance you’ll now fail your MOT because of it."

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/news/will-your-car-pass-new-mot-rules/0017255/

30 minutes ago, Tareim said:

unless things have changed which I've not seen (have just picked up the parts relevant to this thread below)

"Published on

27 March 2013

What’s changed?

A raft of new MOT checks were announced in January last year, but not all of them took immediate effect.

The ones that didn’t kick in last January are now, as of March 20, in effect. For most cars the additional checks will include:

- Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) 

How can I make sure I pass?

If any kind of warning light pops up on your dashboard, you’ll need to get it checked as soon as possible. While in the past you might have just gotten away with it, there’s a chance you’ll now fail your MOT because of it."

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/news/will-your-car-pass-new-mot-rules/0017255/

Money supermarket ? as much good as Kwik Fit all I am saying guy I work with has a 58 French skip with TPMS his light was up didn't fail its MOT 

No he's right. However the wheels with the sensors don't have to be on the hubs to work... fold the back seat down and put the original wheels in and the light will go out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Ztox said:

The TPMS light will be far from my biggest concern come MOT time but it's not like I'll be going to Toyota for it...

Why? I am sure your exhaust would be ideal for them

On 2/23/2016 at 3:03 PM, Varelco said:

Its worth noting for those looking for light wheels being forged doesn't necessarily account for everything. For example take Wedssports TC105N, a cast wheel, in the equivalent size to Lauren's forged TE37s they are a mere 6.75kg, makes them porky in comparison. Again Deacon's Fox FX005, a bargain priced cast wheel weighs the same as the TE37s at 7.4kg, just goes to show you don't have to throw tons of money to shed off some unsprung weight

My TWS T66-F in 18 x 8.0 et44 come in at 6.7kg per corner.

Imported them privately from Japan - I do believe they still do not have a European distributor

wheel_small.jpg

GT86WHEELS.jpg

On 2/24/2016 at 11:20 PM, MangoNo5 said:

Finally fitted my TWS T66-f's 18x8.5 ET42 weighing in at 6.9Kg with Conti5's 235x40.

image.jpeg

I see I am no longer the only T66-F shod 86 in the country. :(

I wonder if you guys could give me your opinions, I'm looking at getting a set of OZ HyperGT HLT 18" wheels after the winter and I'm unsure on the width to go with and also which suspension to go with them. Initially I'm thinking of 18x7.5 or 18x8 but I'd be keen to get your opinions, the car will be set up towards track but is a daily. Suspension wise I'm thinking of the TIEN flex A or the Sachs. Sachs are being used on the BRZ tS later as the STI track suspension however the TIENs seem just as good at a much cheaper price!! Picture below is my car with the OZ photoshopped on and lowered slightly, what do you think :)

OZBRZ

7.5-8.5in is the recommended rim width for a 225 width tyre.

My 18x8 alloys came with 225/40/18 as standard as to plenty of others 18x8in alloys

You can use tyresizecalator website too see what sizes suit for other rims / tyre combos

Hth

3 hours ago, Sighe98 said:

I wonder if you guys could give me your opinions, I'm looking at getting a set of OZ HyperGT HLT 18" wheels after the winter and I'm unsure on the width to go with and also which suspension to go with them. Initially I'm thinking of 18x7.5 or 18x8 but I'd be keen to get your opinions, the car will be set up towards track but is a daily. Suspension wise I'm thinking of the TIEN flex A or the Sachs. Sachs are being used on the BRZ tS later as the STI track suspension however the TIENs seem just as good at a much cheaper price!! Picture below is my car with the OZ photoshopped on and lowered slightly, what do you think :)

OZBRZ

18x8 et35 is a nice fitment and works well with a 225/40/18 tyre

Okay, looks like the 18x8 might be best to go for with the 225/40/18. I saw the BRZ tS will have 18x7.5 which is why I questioned the thinner widths. Are the Michelin Pro Sport 4 the best tyres to for as a summer tyre?

I have 18x8 et 48 OZ on mine.  They did not supply ET35, so I have retained the spacers I had to make up the flushed look, 10mm front and 20mm rear.  Needs a little more camber on the front I think to draw the top of wheel in a bit and match the rear.

DSC08716_zpsm78p0qjs.jpg

DSC08875_zpsfefnrykl.jpg

17x8 ET35 Japan Racing JR18 wheels wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 3 in 225/45/17

Car is lowered 20mm on Racecomp Engineering Yellows58f23047ac11db472c11a7834f53ef72.jpg31da9020bc5ac9530c1dd4495ee54e23.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Oghero said:

Quick question all, wheres my best bet for good deals on wheels and tyres?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are loads of sites out there to try. It might help to settle on a wheel you like the look of and then shop around for the best deal you can find.

I've been trying (although not very hard) to decide on some wheels for mine!

Struggling to choose between these three at the moment...

(looking at 17x8 ET35)

Konig Dekagram in gloss bronze

https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/dekagram/

JR21 in silver

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/brands/japan-racing.html?wheel_colour=461%2C1257&wheel_model=2793&wheel_pcdms=2814&wheel_size=330&wheel_width=397

or

Konig Ultraform in gloss graphite

https://m.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/konig/ultraform/graphite/17-inch

Decisions, decisions... 🤔🙄

@TommyC the Konig's aren't available with a +35 offset, only +40. JR's tend to only be available with a +35 offset (on 17x8).

However the Konig's are much better wheels as they have better quality control and have higher durability.