The Minion

Giallo '62'

Hi everyone, just brought myself 'Giallo' number 62 now known as 'The Minion'. My name is Kevin so the name fits well.

The GT86 is to replace my 26 year old ST185 CelicaGT4 which has finally got too much for me.

Anyone interested?

Will try and get some pics up soon. Any other 'Giallos' around Chatham?

I do belong to the GT4OC, but unfortunately car isn't really worth selling as most people want it for about £500. I won't let it get broken up and am considering donating it to a college mechanics department!

The engine is NBG, piston rings. Have spare engine but has sheared camshaft and therefore probably damaged valves. Bodywork is good but needs respray and everything is stock NO mods even has original ICE!

Just check your tyres pressures regularly, Nigel, way easier I think! Plus from what I've seen from courtesy cars, the low pressure light is often on, so they are a bit of a pain anyway.

I have looked into Retro Fitting the TPMS but I don't think it will be possible :rolleyes:

Be grateful you don't have it... It's a right pain if you want to run multiple sets of wheels - you have the choice of fitting sensors to every set of wheels at vast expense, or having a light winking at you half the year, plus making sure the 'right' wheels are on when MOT time comes round...

I appear to have missed this thread and not said hello, how rude of me! Welcome to the club :) I think we ought to have this Giallo at Japfest... I don't think we have any on the stand yet!

I am happy to put car on club stand at events if I am available. Unfortunately can't do Japfest! 

I am hoping to go to The Grasshopper at some time, next meet?

For anyone who hasn't seen a Giallo the yellow is very close to 'AA' yellow but nicer, there's an 'AA' van in my road!