DanJ

Dan J's BRZ

13 minutes ago, Bfranklyn86 said:

It's because of all this that I will be keeping the stock catback. I don't want to be going anywhere near any noise limits - just don't want to worry about it.

There are plenty of us running manifolds and exhaust systems with and without the second cat who aren't having issues. A resonated catback is a safe bet I'd say. 

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

I used to work on the pitlane at Donington and there was no flexibility if a car went over the noise limits, so they are strict. 98Db driveby is not high, it's indicative of tracks that arie on the lower side of noise limits. High would be 105Db.

That's not what I meant - I know you have no 2nd chances at Donington. Looking at Javelins site, only Mallory Park has a higher drive by figure than Donington so not sure how that's on the lower side?

However, without a standard, raw numbers are relatively meaningless or is Donington's meter very close to the track so naturally reads higher?

I see what you mean about the volume @DanJ as you drove away today it's definitely not quiet! Amazing how much difference even a small manifold cat makes.

Yep! It is quite amazing what a difference it's made, was quieter with a cracked stock maniflold. Thankfully it sounds good or I'd be super peeved, and its still really quiet for motorway miles.

Yesterday the car went to Abbey Motorpsort for a dyno session as I was still running the original "on the road" tune from when I fitted the Harrop last year with completely stock exhaust.

Spec as tuned:

Harrop SC on standard pulley

Tomei UEL manifold and Scorpion overpipe

Abbey Motorsport HFC (Cobra with a larger CAT brick)

HKS Spec-L Catback

@Mark@Abbey M/S managed to find a decent torque increase across the entire rev range and the peak power is pretty good too. The previous tune wasn't terrible, but the engine is smoother everywhere and the throttle response a little sharper, looking forward to seeing what its like on track.

Screenshot 2017-10-11 17.16.23.png

Screenshot 2017-10-11 17.16.14.png

Screenshot 2017-10-11 17.16.17.png

Very nice Dan, 265 is decent. Enjoying the UEL rumble?

Mine will be going in to Abbey at some point for a retune with an HKS EL, and Abbey HFC. Stock catback though so expecting 250ish.

I certainly am, pleased all round with both the sound and the performance.

Look forward to seeing the plots after your retune.