S18 RSG

Ross' TD Turbo Daily

Thanks for clearing it up guys. I'm sure I've seen pictures of manifolds where the exit is on the other side (Tomei equal length immediately springs to mind), but obviously I was imagining things.

Good to know that it was just me being stupid though.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Small update, given that most people already know that the manifold is already fitted, and sounding great apart from that annoying little whistle.

Have the car booked in at Abbey on the 7th of June (perfect excuse for my first day off of the year) for a retune, and hopefully to find and fix the whistle.

This bank holiday weekend I got around to making some small tweaks. All visual, but enough to just finish off the outside before the new spoiler is decided on.

Cracked out the plastidip once again in an attempt to recreate the bronze colour of my wheels on the front and rear badges. Came fairly close I think. Not 100% perfect, but not bad for platidip.

Also took the opportunity to fit my new plates. More so just to get rid of the front plate holder, but I like the new look too:

20160528_155653.jpg20160528_155706.jpg

Will be keeping an eye to see if you find the whistle problem! I'm contemplating heat wrapping mine to try and dampen the noise! Car looks sweet with the import plates too btw! :)

51 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Will be keeping an eye to see if you find the whistle problem! I'm contemplating heat wrapping mine to try and dampen the noise! Car looks sweet with the import plates too btw! :)

Cheers Tom. I'm gonna be wrapping mine also, but I want to find the whistle first. If it is a small leak of some description, I think I'd rather fix it than just mask it. Will only end up being a problem further down the line if ignored now anyway.

Just saw you on the round about by morrisons in cwmbran about 5.15pm ish car looked sweet man was good seeing a modified one so local ☺ 

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Just saw you on the round about by morrisons in cwmbran about 5.15pm ish car looked sweet man was good seeing a modified one so local ☺ 

Thanks mate, appreciate that.

Were you in your car? Didn't notice anyone, but then I'm quite oblivious when driving lol. 

If you ever wanna meet up locally for a chat or whatever, let me know :) Nice to get to know the locals.

No worries man

Yea i was in my car I was just going off the exit towards town while you was goin around, i seen your reg and was like jap car oh wait i reckonise the personal plate lol 

Yea man would be cool to meet up have a noise at your car close up 

23 minutes ago, Jared said:

No worries man

Yea i was in my car I was just going off the exit towards town while you was goin around, i seen your reg and was like jap car oh wait i reckonise the personal plate lol 

Yea man would be cool to meet up have a noise at your car close up 

Any time dude, just drop me a line on here and I can head out within 5 minutes. I live a minute away from Morrisons, so it's super easy for me to head out almost any night.

Just PM me whenever :)

Well, it's saturday, so I guess it's time for that update.

Most of you will already know, my car has been with @Mike@TD.co.uk for the past week having a turbo installed. I went for the stage 1 kit with a UEL manifold, as well as a fresh MoT, service, alignment and a few other little things.

Admittedly, I only have around 4 hours in the car so far (driving from Manchester to Chester, then down to South Wales) but on initial impressions I am hugely impressed. The car made 272hp and 231lb/ft or torque FYI. 

We all know the headlines and major advantages of forced induction, but there are a few things that stood out for me.

Firstly, I managed 35mpg on my drive home, including 30 minutes of stop start traffic and plenty of accelerations to get used to the extra power. I would have to assume I would have got less on the stock car if I had driven like that.

Secondly, the car is so quiet! I have no cats currently (will likely change soon) and a non-resonated exhaust, and the car is almost silent on tick over, and when cruising. That's not to say that it doesn't make some noise however. The screamer pipe is massively loud, as is the flutter on lift off, sounds insane. I'll get a video made soon, so you can all hear it as I'm sure plenty are looking forward to.

Finally, the ease in which I can now drive the car is incredible. Even in 6th gear on the motorway, stuck in traffic, there is never any need to drop a gear. There is a truck load of torque from the moment the turbo starts to spool. It's by far my favourite change dynamically.

I would like to give a massive thanks to Mike, not only for the turbo install, but all the little things too. The car was far more enjoyable to drive on the way back thanks to his work on my suspension setup and alignment, he also fixed my front splitter and it seems he fitted my bumper properly, as it was poorly aligned.

i would 100% recommend Mike and this package to anyone looking to go FI, and am looking forward to having more work done in the future.

Pictures etc. will follow, was pitch black when I got home.

Some phone pics and a very shoddy video.

Obviously, I wasn't going to take a video of me driving enthusiastically while holding my phone, but I won't have much chance to get another video made for a while, so this is the best I have for now.

ReZgZiS.jpg

JJsnRkV.jpg

Some phone pics and a very shoddy video.

Obviously, I wasn't going to take a video of me driving enthusiastically while holding my phone, but I won't have much chance to get another video made for a while, so this is the best I have for now.

ReZgZiS.jpg

JJsnRkV.jpg

Ooh flutter That sounds nice! Liking the boost gauge too

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk