S18 RSG

Regular meets in the South West

Hi all.

I posted in a recent meet thread about some past experiences with organising meets for another club. I've tried to avoid it for the past few years, but since I can see myself keeping this car for quite some time, I figure it might be worth meeting a few like minded owners and trying to set up some regular meets.

I'm in South Wales, but am more than happy to travel to a more mutually convenient location, providing it's within a reasonable distance of myself, within 100 miles or so.

Like most of you (I imagine), weekends are really the only chance I get to take the car on a proper drive, so 99% of the time this will be Saturdays/Sundays (with the others being bank holidays), and if the football is on, a nice country pub might be on the cards.

Just wanted to put the feelers out there and get a gauge for numbers and locations. If we can come to a mutual agreement of various meeting points, I have no problem organising the meets (booking tables, organising routes etc.).

In my last club, these meets were generally on the first weekend of the month, but again, we can decide on frequency etc. at a later date.

Let me know if you would be interested, and if necessary, let me know your approximate location so I can draw up a map and try and find a relatively central location.

Cheers :)

I am not sure if deepest darkest Devon is too South West for you guys... but I head to a SXOC meet each month on the first monday - at the Three Little Pigs in Crediton - it's just near work.

It's a nice social, and a very pleasant if somewhat random put, I am sure you'd all be welcome - although if you're in Wales it's probably a bit far.  People usually come from Plymouth / Exeter / Taunton type areas :)

Thanks @rob275, that certainly saves me some work. I did find that last night, but of course that's after I posted this topic.

From the members already on the map, it seems like somewhere along the M4 would suit most people in our area. That leaves options for meeting at places like Stonehenge, in South Downs etc.

When a few others have added themselves to the list we'll get a better idea, and maybe next week we can come up with some ideas for a meet in February or something :)