Sign in to follow this  
Willtl

Passenger door unlock on BRZ

I was under the impression that although the default setting was that the passenger door does not unlock when the driver's door unlocks with keyless entry, this was configurable. I'm picking up the car on Monday but the dealer thinks this is not possible and you need to press a button on the driver's door to unlock the passenger door. Can anyone confirm what the case is?

Yes it is configurable, mine (an 86)  only the drivers door unlocked with the smart entry. I changed it to both doors with this method (credit to codename47 as it was from his post):

Use the drivers door handle to open the door
Leave the door open and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds
You'll hear a couple of beeps
Voila - your drives handle now opens both doors.
This can be repeated to reverse if wanted!

Thanks. I found this on a web search and sent it to the dealer to try as they weren't aware this was configurable. I'll be a bit disappointed if this works and dealers don't know about it.

Yes it is configurable, mine (an 86)  only the drivers door unlocked with the smart entry. I changed it to both doors with this method (credit to codename47 as it was from his post):

Use the drivers door handle to open the door Leave the door open and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for 5 seconds You'll hear a couple of beeps Voila - your drives handle now opens both doors. This can be repeated to reverse if wanted!

This works 100%

Cheers for this just got an MY2018 GT86 was wondering how to do this and remember seeing it mentioned/on a video but could not remember how.