18 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yes a bit small on the class sizes for FI it seems. I wonder if it's because those that put turbos and SC's on their cars don't seem up for competing. Strange really! 

I would, but I don't have the time for the predominantly northern rounds and for a few other reasons too.... Plus I wouldn't be there competing either as I doubt I'll stand much chance on the Primacys and my other tyres are in the wrong list.

24 minutes ago, smudge said:

He's not FI?

I think Mike is just carrying on the joke from the TD meet where he was trying to come up with ways to afford the TD kit

Many thanks for the support from Drivers' Club members who bought photos through the year. Was my first time covering track days rather than race spectating, depending on dates I'm hoping to cover next year too. If anyone is interested in a CD for the whole season that I've covered (2-6) send a PM.

Got this winter to build the site properly (was thrown together quickly due to short notice) and streamline processes so photos can be up within a few days, spent far more than I've earned and had a few sleepless nights but I've enjoyed it and I hope I've managed to capture what you'd expect from such an event  :)

43 minutes ago, Steeps said:

Many thanks for the support from Drivers' Club members who bought photos through the year. Was my first time covering track days rather than race spectating, depending on dates I'm hoping to cover next year too. If anyone is interested in a CD for the whole season that I've covered (2-6) send a PM.

Got this winter to build the site properly (was thrown together quickly due to short notice) and streamline processes so photos can be up within a few days, spent far more than I've earned and had a few sleepless nights but I've enjoyed it and I hope I've managed to capture what you'd expect from such an event  :)

From the pictures i've seen i'd say you've done a fab job at photographing motion in a motorsports environment. It's particularly tricky so nice one. I'd of purchased some had I taken part, so lets just hope you're there next year :)

I need some new photos for a new collage for my wall. 

10 hours ago, rob275 said:

I'm 100% competing next year. F1S :) not sure who else is in it? Mikep, who else wants to be beaten? :D

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yup I'm up for a beating next year Rob (on the track that is).

7 hours ago, Tareim said:

I'd certainly be up for competing if I could get an FI kit

Why not compete in the NA class?

@knightryder, excuses, excuses. Just get the right tyres. Snett isn't up north, neither is Blyton. I travel a very long way from Manchester to most of the rounds with Blyton Park being the nearest at two hours away. 

37 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Why not compete in the NA class?

@knightryder, excuses, excuses. Just get the right tyres. Snett isn't up north, neither is Blyton. I travel a very long way from Manchester to most of the rounds with Blyton Park being the nearest at two hours away. 

I have the right tyres, just not for the TSS and frankly I'm not going to waste money on a 3rd set of tyres. I'd run my NS2Rs but I believe that puts me straight into a Pro class.

The nearest round for me is well over 2 hours away, I'd like to take part but it'd likely be only one round. However I said that at the beginning of this year....

That's a shame it would have been nice to see out there. With the exception of a mere two hours to Blyton, Snettt is over 4 hours away, but it is a problem to a point with the rounds being focused on the eastern side of the country. Some though, like Cadwell and Croft are well worth a trek I reckon. Best circuits are in the north of course which can't be helped. 

To be honest travel isn't an issue for me, but saying that I don't really have much in the way of commitments at the moment. I quite like a little drive up there the night before and a good chinwag. I get where Steve is coming from,  the rounds are very northern based imo and for some I can see why it's a bit of a PITA

The south lacks usable tracks though, with the exception of Combe perhaps. Brands probably too expensive, Thruxton is a no go, Goodwood problematic due to noise issues. Pembrey is a trek but quite good. Llandow nearer but a waste of time. 

We use Snett though.  

If you look at last year's calendar, the circuits are not nothern based, only Croft is really in the north and Cadwell is 'north' midlands. Blyton is midlands and then you had Woodbridge and Snett which are in the south. 

Noise issues at Thruxton which are long standing. I would love to go there as I think it's the only circuit I've never driven with the exception of Llandow where I decided it wasn't worth driving. 

3 hours ago, KevinA said:

Thruxton is very fast, had many scary bike races round there. But noise and probably cost would be the issue.

fastest circuit in the UK according to the BTCC comentators