pwrout

Carbing Titanium Strut Brace

1 hour ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Lovely bit of kit, but pricey, think me, Jeff and others are just waiting / hoping it keeps coming down.

I would count myself in that group, but I doubt the price will ever come down as far as I would like it to :lol:

FYI, the reason I'd still be put off even at £300, is that these can be bought new, with shipping for high £300's. Collection from Nottingham would cost me £60-70 in fuel, so I'd effectively be buying a second hand item for 95% of the price of new.

We all understand that quality costs money, but if you want a sale, you'll likely have to accept a bigger loss than you're willing to take. Just a bit of friendly advice.

4 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

FYI, the reason I'd still be put off even at £300, is that these can be bought new, with shipping for high £300's. Collection from Nottingham would cost me £60-70 in fuel, so I'd effectively be buying a second hand item for 95% of the price of new.

We all understand that quality costs money, but if you want a sale, you'll likely have to accept a bigger loss than you're willing to make. Just a bit of friendly advice.

PM me with here you can buy it for 300 without shipping + customs

its 360 + shipping + customs from Japan, 380 + shipping and customs from USA

1 minute ago, rob275 said:

Customs? where the hell do you think wales is in the world? :lol:

i dont know somewhere in the UK that sells it for the price he is saying

No need to PM. I spoke to Nengun about them, as they're now selling the product for ~£370. I asked if I could organise shipment myself, using the same shipping company I used for my manifold, shipping and customs from the US would be less than £50, and that's before taking any discount into account, which you can normally negotiate 5-10% off new products.

Even if not, it's still only £50 more to buy new than used.

Just now, S18 RSG said:

No need to PM. I spoke to Nengun about them, as they're now selling the product for ~£370. I asked if I could organise shipment myself, using the same shipping company I used for my manifold, shipping and customs from the US would be less than £50, and that's before taking any discount into account, which you can normally negotiate 5-10% off new products.

Even if not, it's still only £50 more to buy new than used.

buy one new then. I dont believe you'd get it to your door for only 50 more including shipping and customs. £300 is the best price. I would consider posting it to UK for free but thats the best i'd do. feel free to spend more money and mess around with shipping companies etc

My manifold was shipped from California to my doorstep for ~£70 (maybe slightly more, would have to check my customs docs again), in 5 business days. It was no more hassle than organising a Parcelforce package in this country tbh.

Anyway, regardless of what price it can be got for elsewhere, the point I hoped you would take away from my post was that you should perhaps expect to lose out on more money than you are, as is backed up by the interest in the product, but lack of interest in the price.

At the end of the day, quality or not, I think everyone knows that a strut brace is more for looks than handling performance, and that sort of money for a visual upgrade is a lot., especially on the second hand market.

I was trying to help you with the sale, not get you worked up.

5 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

My manifold was shipped from California to my doorstep for ~£70 (maybe slightly more, would have to check my customs docs again), in 5 business days. It was no more hassle than organising a Parcelforce package in this country tbh.

Anyway, regardless of what price it can be got for elsewhere, the point I hoped you would take away from my post was that you should perhaps expect to lose out on more money than you are, as is backed up by the interest in the product, but lack of interest in the price.

At the end of the day, quality or not, I think everyone knows that a strut brace is more for looks than handling performance, and that sort of money for a visual upgrade is a lot., especially on the second hand market.

I was trying to help you with the sale, not get you worked up.

i think save your opinions for a thread thats not my sale thread. I personally think the priced at 300 delivered to UK for a carbing Ti strut brace is a bargain. Ive been buying J parts from Japan and USA etc for years and check prices regularly. Next time you sell something ill chime in where i can get it new for 50 quid more (even though i doubt you could)

It gets frustrating that people low ball you non stop on this forum as its just UK car scene mentality yet i sold my varis kit for more shipped to the USA as well as my Work wheels. Tells you something.

Your sale thread started 7 months ago and you've still not sold. It seems like you missed out selling to Jordan thanks to being a bit uptight on details, and even though there are plenty of people interested, you're still being uptight, rather than actually making a sale. I thought you would benefit from some advice.

Feel free to chime in on any thread I make in the future, because I'm sure everyone will take serious advice from someone with that attitude...

GLWTS.

3 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Your sale thread started 7 months ago and you've still not sold. It seems like you missed out selling to Jordan thanks to being a bit uptight on details, and even though there are plenty of people interested, you're still being uptight, rather than actually making a sale. I thought you would benefit from some advice.

Feel free to chime in on any thread I make in the future, because I'm sure everyone will take serious advice from someone with that attitude...

GLWTS.

im not really bothered about people taking me seriously or not. I wouldn't  comment on someones thread saying i can get it for so much cheaper arranging my own shipping blah blah. The reason it hasn't sold on here is because the majority don't even know what it is or as you say just view it as a strut brace. Not everyone but a lot. And uptight? i dont know who Jordan is but youre probably referring to the dude that wanted to buy something off me but expected me to drive and hand deliver it? Get real bro.

Isn't the point of a sales pitch to explain the item you're selling? So if people "don't even know what it is and see it as a strut brace", isn't that your fault for not explaining what makes it so special? And with that in mind, what exactly makes it so special aside from being Titanium? It still does the same job any other brace would do surely?

Also, FWIW I think Jordan was being perfectly reasonable by offering to meet you at a middle ground, I did the same thing when I sold my suspension on this very forum not 2 months ago, and it sold within a week. Being a genuine and helpful person goes a long way.

As a side note, you should thank me for the additional attention I'm drawing to your "sale thread" by continuing this discussion.

8 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

Isn't the point of a sales pitch to explain the item you're selling? So if people "don't even know what it is and see it as a strut brace", isn't that your fault for not explaining what makes it so special? And with that in mind, what exactly makes it so special aside from being Titanium? It still does the same job any other brace would do surely?

Also, FWIW I think Jordan was being perfectly reasonable by offering to meet you at a middle ground, I did the same thing when I sold my suspension on this very forum not 2 months ago, and it sold within a week. Being a genuine and helpful person goes a long way.

youre literally chatting so much shit. Ive no problem with meeting someone half way for  a sale. I offered to measure the brace for him and sent pictures etc. Im not going to drive all that way for someone to test fit a brace and if it doesnt fit to not sell it. Thats bad business and a complete waste of money and time.. ask nengun if they will fly to you and let you test fit their products.

And for your statement about explaining to people what makes it special? You either are into high end Japanese parts and know a brand like carbing + know titanium is strong but barely ways anything or you dont? Someone that lacks that interest for having rare quality Japanese parts isn't going to care even if i explain it. They will always see it as a strut brace and be happy with a  50 quid one from any brand. The main selling point is light weight and the aesthetics as well as knowing its carbing. I can imagine 90% of members would not care about that.

Ive sold plenty of bits on here to people and apart from one person everything went smoothly. 

met a few lovely people that are on this forum, some real twats though with nothing better to do. 

Can a mod delete all this crap so it can go back to a normal sale thread?

£300 posted to UK. Bargain.

Before if all gets deleted (which I'm more than happy for it to be):

Do you not see how hypocritical you're being? You're calling people on this forum, who are generally well liked, twats, or shit talkers, for no reason other than disagreeing with you, or trying to buy something off you and it not going 100% your way. You're also assuming that "90%" of people on this forum have no idea about "rare, quality Japanese parts" and decided that, because of that assumption, they're not worth your time.

Anyone can buy a Ferrari and assume that makes them a car expert.

If £300 was a bargain, someone would have likely bought it off you just to resell. Nobody has bought it yet, and I suspect that got little to do with the product itself, which I'm sure is every bit as great as you say.

Stop blaming everyone else for being "uneducated", or a "twat", and take my advice before it gets deleted and you forget.

1 minute ago, S18 RSG said:

Before if all gets deleted (which I'm more than happy for it to be):

Do you not see how hypocritical you're being? You're calling people on this forum, who are generally well liked, twats, or shit talkers, for no reason other than disagreeing with you, or trying to buy something off you and it not going 100% your way. You're also assuming that "90%" of people on this forum have no idea about "rare, quality Japanese parts" and decided that, because of that assumption, they're not worth your time.

Anyone can buy a Ferrari and assume that makes them a car expert.

If £300 was a bargain, someone would have likely bought it off you just to resell. Nobody has bought it yet, and I suspect that got little to do with the product itself, which I'm sure is every bit as great as you say.

Stop blaming everyone else for being "uneducated", or a "twat", and take my advice before it gets deleted and you forget.

no thanks, not interested in your advice. I dont agree with anything you say and i dont wish to argue with you anymore. No one is trying to buy it off me though? They all wait for it to become stupidly cheap as there is no demand for the item BECAUSE barely anyone is interested in J parts. Ive had so many people on the US group message me about it and offering more as they want a carbing TI brace, its a work of art. Unfortunately its for a RHD vehicle given the master cylinder brace so I'm left selling it to a bunch of lowballers. If it doesnt sell for 300 I'll keep it on my wall in the garage. 

If you'd like to buy it for £300 posted with free shipping, which is well under the silly estimate of £50 more from nengun then id gladly sell it to you and ship it promptly. Let me know.

The reason it hasn't sold on here is because the majority don't even know what it is or as you say just view it as a strut brace. Not everyone but a lot. And uptight? i dont know who Jordan is but youre probably referring to the dude that wanted to buy something off me but expected me to drive and hand deliver it? Get real bro.

Ouch. I think most people on here will know EXACTLY what it is. And if they don't they have google.

This forum gets loads of for sale threads for all sorts of parts ranging from low end stuff to some serious JDM kit. The common thread though is that stuff sells if sensibly priced. The ads that hang around are the ones where people expect to recoup most of the new price.

Kid yourself that it's because people don't know what your fabulous high end strut brace is if you like

Generally it's not the done thing to jump on for sale threads - but after seven months it's probably fair game. I think he was doing you a favour...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And mods, you can happily delete that too... But he is being rather rude about our membership.

Apparently those of us who don't appreciate very expensive Japanese under bonnet eye candy are 'low ballers' and 'twats'

Good luck with the sale

2 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Ouch. I think most people on here will know EXACTLY what it is. And if they don't they have google.

This forum gets loads of for sale threads for all sorts of parts ranging from low end stuff to some serious JDM kit. The common thread though is that stuff sells if sensibly priced. The ads that hang around are the ones where people expect to recoup most of the new price.

Kid yourself that it's because people don't know what your fabulous high end strut brace is if you like emoji12.png

Generally it's not the done thing to jump on for sale threads - but after seven months it's probably fair game. I think he was doing you a favour...

I disagree though. Someone was selling a set of Ohlins. They were up for ages and were a decent price. May as well get BC ay. I also havent bumped the thread in months. Im sorry but its common in the UK Japanese scene for lowballers on higher end parts as its more acceptable here to run cheap stuff. The price is fair. You're acting like its not. Its just come down 50 with free shipping too.