Mark_Swaddle

Ordering from TheSpeedline.com...

As they are sold by an Asian country you aren't covered under the UK sales of goods act. This place will not honor a warranty as they can get away with it and you don't have a leg to stand on. Also at this price I can assure you they are grey goods. Valenti more than likely won't offer a warranty on grey goods not purchased through the correct channels for the country you reside in. (As they legally don't have to)

You are correct you aren't, but you are covered by the Consumer Protection Act as The Speedline import goods for sale into the EU. Your points on 'grey goods' and not honouring warranty are assumptions on a company you've not dealt with, not valid evidence. Granted they won't necessarily offer the customer service expected from a UK vendor but you can't rule them out.

I took the plunge and ordered some smoked Valentis on the 15 October. After clearing customs they arrived today. Cost me around £200 inc. the customs fees and postage. Happy with them so far, but I won't speak too soon as I haven't fitted then yet. Hoping to get them on the car tomorrow if it's not raining quite so much, so I'll keep you all posted. Might try and upload a couple of pics too, then if anyone owns 'genuine' ones we can see whether these look legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good - what's next? ☺

Next up is TRD spoiler - got it sprayed and getting it fitted on Saturday - and dipping the badges black. Also need to sort something with the callipers, not sure what colour to go though, I feel that something like red would stand out too much, might just go for black/grey.

Then after that I want to get a shark fin aerial and rear diffuser, but they might have to wait a couple of months cos until I have some spare change!

Thinking of getting the Aero fins from them

They seem to be a good price. I didn't have any issues with them - just expect them to take a few weeks to arrive and you'll have to pay customs duty on them.

They seem to be a good price. I didn't have any issues with them - just expect them to take a few weeks to arrive and you'll have to pay customs duty on them.

I know what postage is now what sort of % is it on customs roughly Mark?

I paid £40 on my lights and they cost around £160 (I think) so about 25% or thereabouts. But I believe the rate varies depending on the item cost. If you're ordering the fins I would imagine you'd pay a lower rate because they're only circa £50 aren't they?

I paid £40 on my lights and they cost around £160 (I think) so about 25% or thereabouts. But I believe the rate varies depending on the item cost. If you're ordering the fins I would imagine you'd pay a lower rate because they're only circa £50 aren't they?

sounds about right one last question if you don't mind what company handled them in the UK ?