adamj29

Adam's Stage 3 Turbo Rocket Bunny

Cheers Nicebiscuit.

I haven't had an Issues to be honest James, clearance is fine and there has been no rubbing what so ever, it must be the AVO set up I guess. What size exhaust are you currently running, 2.5"? 

I've just been to see Mike at Tuning Developments in Warrington (apologies Richard, I didn't have time to pop onto yourselves), Mike has confirmed that the grinding noise is just like you said, extra transmission noise due to the upgraded clutch and flywheel. PHEWWW. I'm a bit over cautions at times due to previous mechanical disasters I've experienced with other cars in the past.. Better to be safe than sorry though I guess.

Mike mentioned that they are having an open day on November the 1st, so will be going along to that and getting car on the dyno, will be interesting to see what it is currently running at the moment.You coming? Also went out in his turbo'd GT86, very nice, it went like excrement off a shovel!! And looks beautiful. :)

Yeah mine was custom made for an N/A manifold, so it is not ideal when it comes to the different position of the downpipe, whereas obviously the AVO kit is designed for a turbo kit from the ground up. Yeah mine is a 2.5" currently, I did speak about upgrading to a 3" but apparently on our turbo setups, 2.5" is good for flow up to 400hp.. saves me some money :) 

Yeah I did think it would be that mate, it does take some time to get used to.. do you notice it most on the down shifts when the revs start to fall? I like it, gives you that race car like feeling haha! 

Yes I will be coming so it will be good to have a catch up and have a nose around your car bud. Not sure if I will get her on the dyno but I will be buying a few bits like a dedicated turbo blanket and maybe some accessories whilst I am there. 

Looking forward to it.

Yeah mine was custom made for an N/A manifold, so it is not ideal when it comes to the different position of the downpipe, whereas obviously the AVO kit is designed for a turbo kit from the ground up. Yeah mine is a 2.5" currently, I did speak about upgrading to a 3" but apparently on our turbo setups, 2.5" is good for flow up to 400hp.. saves me some money :) 

Yeah I did think it would be that mate, it does take some time to get used to.. do you notice it most on the down shifts when the revs start to fall? I like it, gives you that race car like feeling haha! 

Yes I will be coming so it will be good to have a catch up and have a nose around your car bud. Not sure if I will get her on the dyno but I will be buying a few bits like a dedicated turbo blanket and maybe some accessories whilst I am there. 

Looking forward to it.

That's good news, a lot of money saved from not having to get the 3". I had to upgrade, which was a bit of a pain as I'd just spent out a decent amount on my 2.5" exhaust and custom manifold. But hey ho. Yeah the noise is only on the downshifts as the rev's drop. Now I know the noise isn't something sinister I don't hardly notice the noise haha, weird. It's a big relief!

Nice one, will be good. Looking forward to seeing your set up. Hopefully the weather will be in our favour. 

Well there has been movement with my build. Some may know that I have been looking into a wide body kit. I decided that the Rocket Bunny V1 kit was the style I most preferred however getting a decent kit wasn't going to be an easy task. There were a few options: 

1. To buy a genuine kit from Greddy and have it shipped, costing over £5K for the kit alone. There have been issues with these kits in the past, some of which being damage caused during shipping and the fact that Greddy / Trusts kits still can have fitment issues.

2. To buy a replica kit, such as the KR kits out there. These are well priced, however I'm yet to meet anyone who is actually satisfied with the fitment of them.

I contact Nigel who as most of you know if building his own Rocket Bunny V1 style kit. He is very kindly giving me his first set of arches made from his own moulds, and I'm having his old KR side and front skirts. 

A few pictures::

IMG_0049.thumb.JPG.ec27c2a92fe74cd0b1144

IMG_0050.thumb.JPG.5f95c045cb7185cb4a215IMG_0054.thumb.JPG.56a081bbf0fa8977757b156aa8f31e98ab_IMG_0055(2).thumb.JPG.db5056aa8f376195f_IMG_0056(2).thumb.JPG.54a556aa8f3c3ce3c_IMG_0057(2).thumb.JPG.de47

As you can see they need trimming slightly (when fitting this will be done), but he has held them against his GT86 and they sit perfectly aligned.

He has done a fantastic job, they are spot on, I wish I had the expertise to do something like this! A big thank you to him, 

I'll be picking the arches and skirts up from him next weekend and have a bodywork garage down the road who will begin fitting and spraying on the 15th Feb at the latest.

This will give me some time to get the Buddy Club rear lights fitted and to refit my rear window visor beforehand.

As far as the spoiler is concerned I'm going to be selling my current carbon fibre one along with my wheels and installing the Seibon Carbon GT Wing, which Fensport are supplying me with. I do love the big wing look.

I still have my eye on a few other items such as the APR wing mirrors etc, but as I'm bleeding money I may have to refrain.

The wheels, which have come in today all the way from Japan.. Work Meister M1's. Ever since I saw these on a build in America I had to have them. 18" all around 10.5" rear -46 offset and the fronts are 9.5" wide, three piece. So much deep... 

These have been kindly been supplied by Richard at DemonTweeks, who has been a great help throughout my project.

IMAG1280.thumb.jpg.d977de33a4a8bace4c3b2IMAG1285.thumb.jpg.6de45b46fdd4fde6148a6IMAG1290.thumb.jpg.e12b2f1fa6f98cade669bIMAG1291.thumb.jpg.0ef5a0f78aaa3999ae192

Wish me luck, and I'll keep you updated over the coming weeks. (Sorry for the incredibly long post).

13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Wow you have been busy. Impressed with what Nigel has achieved too. Those wheels are lovely. :)

Haha I've been lingering around on here and planning. Nigel has done a cracking job, looking forward to seeing them fitted. Thank you, there are a few RB V2 builds in america that have these wheels on, so Ill be interesting to see how they play out on mine. I had to get some camber bolts for the front to ensure they will fit.

You should get a load of adjustment on the pillowball mounts. I know mine are about the mid point with 2 degrees of negative camber, so I could get plenty more if I so wished. What coilover setup do you have? It just seems unusual to need to use camber bolts if you've already got the adjustment in the top mounts. 

I have the ST XTA Coilovers, I will have a fiddle this weekend as I tried this not long after I had them installed. So it should get them to -2 camber easily do you think?

On 2/6/2016 at 4:31 PM, Keethos said:

emoji33.png nooooooo. ...I can't make the meet so won't he able to see this beaut emoji24.png

Ohh gutted mate. Well the next meet I guess will be Japfest. Really looking forward to that :) If you're ever around Chester / Wrexham though just give me a shout mate

Another great thing about the GT86, not many other sports car can you fit an entire wide bodykit including skirts into it and transport it 2.5 hours back home. 

Nigel has done a spot on job, as he demonstrated on his GT86 the arches fit perfectly. His moulds are great! He had to put up with my lack of knowledge but we had a good chat about the kit, and future plans for my build. He knows his stuff.

I'll be taking the kit up to the bodyshop tomorrow and I'll be dropping off the Seibon Carbon Fibre Big Wing all ready for the work to begin next Monday!! Not long now. I know he will be chuffed to find out how easy the kit will fit, without all the filling and repairing.

Still hoping to have the car completely finished by the end of the month.

Updates coming soon with pictures