adamj29

Grinding Noise Issue

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on a issue I'm currently having. I'm now running my GT86 with the Stage 3 AVO turbo kit, with the new clutch, fuel system etc. Since having these works done, I've started noticing a very slight grinding noise. The noise happens when I'm in gear and when I let off the accelerator, whilst the revs are dropping between 3,000 to 2,000 rpm. It is at it's loudest whilst in gears 2 & 3 and the noise has very slowly been getting louder. Again it only happens when the revs are dropping only between 3,000 and 2,000 and It is more noticeable when the engine is warm after I've been driving for a while. 

I've tried recording the noise, however with the cabin / road / exhaust noise, and my crap phone, It doesn't pick up on the sound. It is now driving me potty!!! Fensport haven't heard of anything like this before, and have recommended that I bring it in. However as its a good 3.5 hour drive to them I was wondering if anyone on here has experience something similar?

Mucho Gracias

Helix updated clutch cover & Sprung Organic Drive Plate and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel.

Polybushes? Not that I know of mate. 

Possibly a combination of those two transmitting some extra transmission noise through the car?

Noticed you're not far from us, if you wanted to drop in i'll gladly have a listen for you.

Appreciate the input guys. If It's okay i will pop over hopefully Tuesday afternoon to see you Mike as you are down the road so you can have a listen, and I may go for a drive over to see the notorious RRG Macclesfield after ;) I'll book the afternoon off work then.

Cheers again.

My bet is on clutch. My new Xtreme clutch makes a lot more noise than the OEM one did when coming off the throttle

Is this something perfectly normal when upgrading the clutch, or can this lead to any issues. As soon as I hear any grinding noises I panic, and start thinking the worst. I would be good if this noise is to be expected.

Appreciate the input guys. If It's okay i will pop over hopefully Tuesday afternoon to see you Mike as you are down the road so you can have a listen.

Cheers again.

No problem, were just off J21 of the M6. :) 

Is this something perfectly normal when upgrading the clutch, or can this lead to any issues. As soon as I hear any grinding noises I panic, and start thinking the worst. I would be good if this noise is to be expected.

Mine isn't so much a grinding noise as a typical clutch rattle...

I'm sure Mike will be able to help you out