smudge

3" exhaust questions

So back to the drawing board today after my guys at FRC quoted me £2k for a full manifold to catback...I didn't expect it to be cheap but that figure is just way more than I expected

I think I'll try a few more enquiries to some of the other places recommended by a couple of members on here and then if a full system is out of my price range for the time being, I'll get a 3" catback for now and save up for the bigger manifold, overpipe and front pipe

After a few weeks of research and deliberating, I've come to the following conclusions:

1. There is no complete 3" system available to the market. AVO offer something but it connects to the downpipe for turbo manifolds - obviously no good to me

2. There are only a handful of 3" overpipes (nameless, JDL and AVO) - nameless don't seem to want to respond to emails, PM's or inquiries through their website and JDL make everything to order so it'd be around a 6 week wait for something from them

3. Custom is the way to go

So, we have an Ultimate Racing 3" catback with 4.5" burnt titanium tips on order that should be here next week (fingers crossed) and I am now booked into H&S on 9th November to have the following made up:

- UEL manifold with 47mm diameter piping into a 3" collector
- 3" overpipe
- 3" resonated front pipe

I'm hoping the 3" catback will arrive next week so that I can make sure it's the spec I ordered and also fit it to my current setup to see what the noise levels are like

Does he want a GT-R though?

i think the idea was to look at the 86 not the gtr...

eDit. Oops.. Didntsee the second pAge!

Edited by Dan7954

Mr k. You seem to get rattled easily then vent on here.. Ok if its in jest and just a laugh but maybe you are trying to take it one step further like a post about the user church a while ago.. Chill out! 

The super charger for sale thread.. a post of yours seems to be deleted going by others responses in the same thread.. Seems like youve had a bad day and turning the keyboard into your weapon of choice? 

Edited by Dan7954

Always worth giving emp performance a call, they did my friend RB25 S14 and it sounds unreal and the craftsmanship is out standing! His currently running 560whp I believe and it's been fine and that's 3" turbo back or maybe 3.5"

Always worth giving emp performance a call, they did my friend RB25 S14 and it sounds unreal and the craftsmanship is out standing! His currently running 560whp I believe and it's been fine and that's 3" turbo back or maybe 3.5"

Gave them a ring, they "don't really do manifolds"...not encouraging!

They pointed me towards JP exhausts in Macclesfield. Bit of a trip but I've heard their name being mentioned a few times on here and from other exhaust places so might as well get in touch

Gave them a ring, they "don't really do manifolds"...not encouraging!

They pointed me towards JP exhausts in Macclesfield. Bit of a trip but I've heard their name being mentioned a few times on here and from other exhaust places so might as well get in touch

Oh I see I thought they did all exhaust parts custom. Hayward and Scott maybe in basildon?