Mark@Abbey M/S

Edelbrock SC kit Fa20 powered by Eaton 1320 TVS

To use the Cosworth validated tunes, you also need the Cosworth Air filter (£35) and Cosworth Low temp thermostat (£72).
which adds another £107.

You DO NOT need to buy stage 1.0 kit which includes a licence and tune (this is an NA tune not SC tune) as the SC kit includes that.

You need the SC kit @ £4800 + £107 for filter and thermostat. That is £4907 total.

Couple pages of info here from Fensport who spoke directly to Cosworth.

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/topic/2129-new-cosworth-supercharger/

To use the Cosworth validated tunes, you also need the Cosworth Air filter (£35) and Cosworth Low temp thermostat (£72).

which adds another £107.

Interesting... I could swear I saw a US supplier showing the air filter and thermostat coming with the Stage 2.0 - but now I can't find that. Maybe it was their (now corrected) mistake, or maybe my mistake.

Looks like Adrian is supplying a map himself and it seems not even someone in Cosworth knows this....;-(

I have heard there are big change arounds going on at Cosworth as well.

can we guide this thread back online please;

Looking forward to running both a Cosworth full kit and a Edelbrock on our in house dyno for data and power figures.

Yes, back on topic:

I'm interested in the relative merits of the positioning of the throttle: the Edelbrock (and Harrop, IIRC) with the feed running forward beside the blower putting the throttle body near the stock position, versus the Cosworth and Sprintex that put the throttle near the back of the blower......

Is it just a packaging/aesthetic choice, or is there more to it?

Looks like Adrian is supplying a map himself and it seems not even someone in Cosworth knows this....;-(

I have heard there are big change arounds going on at Cosworth as well.

can we guide this thread back online please;

Looking forward to running both a Cosworth full kit and a Edelbrock on our in house dyno for data and power figures.

No he is not. Even the Cosworth website says it comes with a tune! None of this is new infomation. It has been avaliable since it was released in October 2014.

Sorry to keep taking this off topic but I cannot let misinformation fly, especailly as a competing kit is being discussed. We wouldnt like Cosworth to be spreading misinformation about Edelbrock now would we.

Got to http://www.cosworth.com/products/power-packages/fa20-platform/stage-2-power-package-range/

Download the FA20 Power Package Details and scroll down. You will see the attached image.

post-299-0-97332600-1440504395_thumb.jpg

Ok thanks for that information.

But from what I have read the calibration files are only for a stock exhaust or a Cosworth system? Stock headers still fitted?

How many people have either a stock system or a Cosworth system fitted?

Everyone will be having there own calibrations tuned I feel.

GT86owner, you finally brought a SC kit yet?

Thanks again

But from what I have read the calibration files are only for a stock exhaust or a Cosworth system? Stock headers still fitted?

Everyone will be having there own calibrations tuned I feel.

I believe Cosworth can supply tunes for stock exhaust (stage 2.0), cat back (stage 2.1), cat back + plus mid pipe (stage 2.2) and full system (stage 2.3) inc manifold.

Fensport are able to tweak the tunes for different exhaust systems.

I havent bought an SC. I know its been ages but nothing tempted my hard earned cash until the cosworth kit came out in October. HKS is not for me, I want positive displacment otherwise I'd have the HKS any day. Its a great kit.

I like the look of the Harrop and the Edelbrock kits but the heat exchangers seem to be smaller than the two on the Cosworth kit so if you can show data to prove they can handle track abuse without heat soak they will will be on the table. I do like extended >25min track sessions so it is very important for me.

If the Cosworth is 10hp less, im not so bothered about that as I am thermal stability.

Looking forward to see one of these with the ACE header too :)

Yes, back on topic:

I'm interested in the relative merits of the positioning of the throttle: the Edelbrock (and Harrop, IIRC) with the feed running forward beside the blower putting the throttle body near the stock position, versus the Cosworth and Sprintex that put the throttle near the back of the blower......

Is it just a packaging/aesthetic choice, or is there more to it?

I think its more that the eaton unit used by edelbroack and harrop is a front feed article so you don't need the long pipe as the air ploughs straight into the charger

a nice option and one that probably wasn't available when Cosworth designed their kit and its not available at all on the sprintex

13 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Very interesting kit. Is it a twin screw with no whine? 

Good results on headers +  2.5" exhaust

https://youtu.be/uf7m0U1FXLk

it's actually a Root's supercharger so no whine, just like the cossie, the only twin screw on this platform is the sprintex afaik

On 13/12/2015 at 8:52 PM, Tareim said:

it's actually a Root's supercharger so no whine, just like the cossie, the only twin screw on this platform is the sprintex afaik

Thanks mate. Cleared that up. Already had one of those. Shopping around for a new s.c kit. It's out of the edelbrock or kraftwerks.