Mark@Abbey M/S

Edelbrock SC kit Fa20 powered by Eaton 1320 TVS

Edelbrock Twin Screw SC kit for the FA20 cars. has been released pre orders being taken.

u7dhSB.jpg

iqg0s6.jpg

13eryF.jpg

The SC unit is the same make as the Cosworth unit but the next size up so more head room for more power Eaton 1320 TVS

Price including shipping (NOW)

With ECUTEK tuner cable and base tune        £4548.33 inc vat (for UK fuel in different specs)

Without ECUTEK tuner cable and base tune    £3944.38 inc vat

Shipping wont be to expensive the more we ship the cheaper it should get.

any questions ask away

Our kit should be shipped within the next 2 weeks we hope.

Better get on with the NA tuning development.

Cosworth and this don't produce the same sound as a Sprintex due to the design

guess I'm going to have to go for the Sprintex then, I take it that's the only kit (in the UK) that does whine then?

Sadly I'm with Sam, I too would want a nice loud whine if I was to go Supercharged, even though this kit looks nice....the question would be could I change the red bits for yellow?  :P

Call me a cynical bar steward if you like . . but I question why the Merkin bolt-on boys come to the European/UK feeding frenzy after the event..?

I have always seen Edelbrock as a prime mover in s/charged induction (and cam development, of course).

But why is it now they moved into the market? Is it because Cosworth have muscled into the States ?

Spec K

Call me a cynical bar steward if you like . . but I question why the Merkin bolt-on boys come to the European/UK feeding frenzy after the event..?

I have always seen Edelbrock as a prime mover in s/charged induction (and cam development, of course).

But why is it now they moved into the market? Is it because Cosworth have muscled into the States ?

Spec K

It's been in development for quite some time, seemed to surface in prototype form around early December. Its been released here no later than in the USA. The kit has been designed as a bolt and go, CARB approval means that it needs to be correctly tuned and tested.

Is this system cheaper than the Cosworth system?

based on a quick search it appears to be approx £1000 cheaper if comparing the non ecutek price though with this one you will need it for the tune whereas the cosworth one seems to be able to have a tune without it if I'm reading it correctly, including the price of the ecutek on this one it still works out about £400 cheaper

based on a quick search it appears to be approx £1000 cheaper if comparing the non ecutek price though with this one you will need it for the tune whereas the cosworth one seems to be able to have a tune without it if I'm reading it correctly, including the price of the ecutek on this one it still works out about £400 cheaper

You cant really compare pricing between the Edelbrock and the Cosworth , as the Cosworth is only available when you buy the complete Cosworth kit Stage 1.11 etc etc.

Just had a shipping price  this will add £210-00 to the totally cost.

Not quite true Mark

you can buy the Cosworth stage 2 kit on its own without the stage 1.0

you just then need to sort out the tune yourself

That was only recently the case though, after much complaining iirc.

No it wasnt! The stage 1 has all broken up into bits but the cossy SC was always available on its own with a tune and licence for £4800 inc VAT.

Im looking forward to some test results from this kit. Notably intake temps post charger when its been thrashed on track for 20+ mins.

thats the other one

both the edelbrock and harrop do look good

interesting to see where they all will sit and how much the intake temps rise by, arguably a 1320 is overkill for a 2.0 ltr engine anyway as the bigger blower can't deliver more boost pressure than the 900, it just gets there quicker / lower down in the rev range

You can buy a Stage 2SC Cosworth kit seperately;

NO Ecutek cable or tune and cost is £4794-00 inc vat

So like for like the Edelbrock is cheaper.

We do have another SC kit on its way as well....also running the TVS 1320 SC unit.

Nope. Cosworth Stage 2 SC kit is £4,817.40 delivered and includes a tune and licence....

If you have a licence already, you can deduct £180 from that.

Nope. Cosworth Stage 2 SC kit is £4,817.40 delivered and includes a tune and licence....

If you have a licence already, you can deduct £180 from that.

Fensports website says what Mark says. It only comes with the Calibration files which in itself doesn't constitute a licence surely? Clarification needed here IMO. Either way, it's hardly a "tune". I'd wager it's just poorly worded though.

But from where i'm standing it's £5,574 Fitted, not including their exhaust system.

My understanding of the Cosworth offerings is:

Stage 1.0: air filter, thermostat and custom ECU calibration

Stage 1.1: 1.0 + cat-back exhaust

Stage 1.2: 1.1 + exhaust mid pipe

Stage 1.3: 1.2 + exhaust manifold

Stage 2.0: 1.0 + Supercharger, inlet manifold, chargecooler

Stage 2.1: 2.0 + + cat-back exhaust

Stage 2.2: 2.1 + exhaust mid pipe

Stage 2.3: 2.2 + exhaust manifold

That's always been my reading of the Cosworth catalogue, which is supported by the catalogue saying that the Stage 2.0 is:

"...supplied with Cosworth engineered ECU calibrations for both the stock exhaust and the Cosworth free-flowing sports exhaust system".