adam_d

Newish Giallo Owner

Hi everyone,

Just found the forum, had my Giallo (no.30) for about 3 weeks now. Went from a 2007 Prius to this, so far I think I made the right decision.

Our family has had Toyotas non-stop for over 30 years, so I've grown up as a Toyota nutter. I had been putting off test driving a GT86 for a while (thinking it might end expensively), but Toyota invited me to Goodwood for a drive and I couldn't refuse. That pretty much made my mind up, and after test driving one on the road I was sold, it was far better in normal driving than I expected. Initially I was going for a new Orange car, but the wait time was November and I got a great deal on the Giallo that was already there.

So far I've made no big mods, I've only fitted a dashcam and a spare wheel. Next will probably be sat nav and a reversing camera, and as much as I said I wouldn't, I've already started looking at exhausts...

The only clean picture I have of it is when it was sat outside the dealer:

post-1639-0-23147100-1439223254_thumb.jp

Quick question - I noticed the TSS was up at Croft this coming weekend, does anyone know if I am alright to come along and just mill around/spectate? I'm not brave enough to try it on track yet. :P

Hi Adam, welcome to the club. It's great to see more Giallo's joining the club. Pity all 86 of them can't as Toyota have a few poached! I'd say you made the right choice swapping cars also.

As for the TSS, yes you can go up to spectate and say hi. Everyone is fairly friendly, at that goes for everyone at the TSS not just us guys. If you're lucky you may be able to discuss exhausts with Adrian if he takes a break from racing ;)

Hi Adam, welcome aboard. I will be a the TSS at Croft this weekend, do please come over and say hi, there will be a few of us there. Should be a good day and we all love Croft. :)