Mark@Abbey M/S

ACE Header for RHD cars in @ Abbey Motorsport

Count me interested too please Mark. Although I'm boring and would want to know how much it costs and whether it works first :D  Do have cash put aside in a pot marked "Abbey Motorsport" though!

Also wouldn't be averse to a machine-welded version if it's cheaper and no different apart from cosmetically - not like I spend much time under there!

8 hours ago, Cenedd said:

Count me interested too please Mark. Although I'm boring and would want to know how much it costs and whether it works first :D  Do have cash put aside in a pot marked "Abbey Motorsport" though!

Also wouldn't be averse to a machine-welded version if it's cheaper and no different apart from cosmetically - not like I spend much time under there!

I'm pretty sure this is a machine welded one

The only part on this ACE header that will be machined welded will the 4-2 collector merges ACE have told me this AM.

The headers at today US$ currency £1-00 = US$1.39 are as below;

£1096.56 inc vat for a single item.

If we do a group buy of 5 or more headers cost will drop to £974-78 inc vat.

We are also looking into developing a new Larger capacity HFC for the 2nd Cat position, this will 1, help keep the noise down when fitting the ACE header and 2, make the car MOT legal with regards emissions. Both the Berk and Cobra struggle to make emissions with a de-catted header. The CAt brick will be between 75% to 100% larger in volume.

Any questions ask away.

thanks

I'm definitely up for a group buy.  I'd want to wait until Mark has had a chance to verify that it is all it's talked up to be. I'm also noise and MoT sensitive so I'd want to know whether it's going to make the car much louder - ideally no louder for me but basically I don't want the cabin noise (wife and child on board) and I don't want to be the one that everyone's thinking "W***er!" as I drive past.   The plan is to keep the rest of the exhaust OEM primarily for cost reasons but also, I believe that it's likely to be quietest that way - although I'd not be surprised to find otherwise.

Ceramic coatings/wrap:  I gather the OEM heat shielding doesn't fit a non-standard manifold (not surprisingly).  Does the new manifold NEED to be coated to prevent heat damage to other components? Or is it recommended/preferably/overly paranoid?  For reference I'm going to be enjoying driving it on the road rather than racing it in any fashion.  If it does need this, the cost would have to be added on when I weigh it up.  I definitely want rid of the torque dip though!  (and as much of the 2nd gear grief as Mark can resolve!)

Hi,  sorry for the delays in updates , few other projects @ Abbey Motorsport have made us put our Demo GT86 on the back burner for a short time.

Got the ACE 400 header fitted together with the new Cobra Larger capacity HFC cat fitted with stock cat back exhaust system. We knew the car didn't need any extra work to remove the dreaded torque dip after fitting the Harrop SC so we knew the ACE header would not give a lot more torque in the mid range but the gains @ high RPM was pretty good.

Next step is to get a free flowing exhaust system fitted to the car to see if the stock exhaust system is holding the motor back.

SoicOt.jpg

Still need to get the ACE headers on a NA car as well thou.

Thanks Mark. Still interested - and have cash ready for the right solution.

For me, the right solution needs to remove the torque dip - that's what drives me crazy - but not result in something I don't want to be heard driving.  I'd planned to keep the rest of the exhaust OEM, partly for cost saving, partly for noise reduction and partly because from what I understand, changing the rest (assuming no SC/turbo) would only give me a tiny gain and a big bill.  It must be MoT'able without having to swap exhausts too.  I'd also want to know whether some sort of heat shielding is required/recommended (wrap/coat/other) after the OEM shielding is (presumably) removed.

Thanks Mark.

10 minutes ago, Cenedd said:

Thanks Mark. Still interested - and have cash ready for the right solution.

For me, the right solution needs to remove the torque dip - that's what drives me crazy - but not result in something I don't want to be heard driving.  I'd planned to keep the rest of the exhaust OEM, partly for cost saving, partly for noise reduction and partly because from what I understand, changing the rest (assuming no SC/turbo) would only give me a tiny gain and a big bill.  It must be MoT'able without having to swap exhausts too.  I'd also want to know whether some sort of heat shielding is required/recommended (wrap/coat/other) after the OEM shielding is (presumably) removed.

Thanks Mark.

PM me a contact number please

thanks