Gringosteve

GT86 Alarm Unit Programming Codes

Solwood. I'm fairly sure mine does something similar. Car is locked. Go to open boot to get something out - alarm goes off. It's really annoying. I see no reason alarm should ever go off if you've used the proper key/fob to open a door/boot/whatever. Seems a slightly dubious implementation. Is this another thing that gets stuck on at the docks?

For reference if I open the boot by having the keyfob near it or using the button it does not set the alarm off. I can shut the boot afterwards and the car remains locked etc. That's how it should be surely?

Does your alarm beep when you open your doors (two short beeps)?

Try the code:

*17856 wait for the beep *003*0#

This turns off auto alarm arming after door close

This is the opposite of:

*17856 wait for the beep *003*1#

Which turns that feature on. Make sure your ignition is off and you need to be pretty quick with the key presses

:)

It may have been setup incorrectly on installation, this feature should be off by default

www.im-tuned.uk

Lauren your scenario I would say is correct

In my case car was unlocked, I parked got out, went to the boot and was unloading food, taking it into the kitchen and putting it in the fridge taking some time.

Neighbour had some food as well, was talking to my wife and alarm merit going off.

I wonder if it is auto arming. I don't hear the two beeps though

Will try at the weekend

Gary

In my case car was unlocked, I parked got out, went to the boot and was unloading food, taking it into the kitchen and putting it in the fridge taking some time.

Neighbour had some food as well, was talking to my wife and alarm merit going off.

Will try at the weekend

Gary

Will try at the weekend

Gary

It should only beep if you mess it up. I do this at time. I open the boot from the inside. Then get out the car lock it, which will cause it to beep because the boot is open. Same scenario if you try and lock it with the bonnet open of course. 

It shouldn't beep at all in normal use. 

It should only beep if you mess it up. I do this at time. I open the boot from the inside. Then get out the car lock it, which will cause it to beep because the boot is open. Same scenario if you try and lock it with the bonnet open of course.

It shouldn't beep at all in normal use.

Well mines not quite right then, as I never use the internal boot release (simply because I forget it has one...). I'll have to keep an eye on it and work out what scenario triggers it. I think it's when the car is locked but I open the boot with the fob. Though can't be quite that simple as it doesn't do it every time.

Possibly my alarm isn't set quite right for the Primo lock set up which isn't as sophisticated...

In the meantime it's only a minor niggle.

Will try at the weekend

Gary

There is a setting on the alarm which stops the two beep noise also.

To know for sure if auto arm is switched on:

*17856*443#

If it flashes twice then it is on, once means off

:)

www.im-tuned.uk

Will try at the weekend

Gary

Did you get this fixed ok?

www.im-tuned.uk

Is there an easy way to disable the microwave sensors? I only ask as sometimes Indy has to remain in the car when it is locked and obviously she continually sets the alarm off.