Gringosteve

GT86 Alarm Unit Programming Codes

Hi,

I discovered the alarm control panel in the glovebox today, and the post on here describing how to turn on anti-hijack doors. This inspired me to find more codes. It turns out the alarm is a Sigma S32, shared with the 2014 impreza. Codes to play with (AT YOUR OWN RISK) are below. I haven't tried all of these (yet!):

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOUR PIN BEFORE YOU TRY THE ANTI KEY THEFT CODE - YOU NEED THE PIN TO START THE CAR!

(Hope that was clear! my mate's scooby was dead for 2 days until he got hold of the previous owner and his PIN!)

Sources:
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/58018-2014-wrx-technical-issues-3.html
http://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/953357-sigma-s32-codes.html

The S32 Installation guide (i bought a copy!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard user controls 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignition Must be ON, not on Accessory power

0 - Last Trigger Isolation --> Allows the alarm to ignore the last sensor that caused the alarm to sound.  Effectively used to disable faulty sensor but still turn the alarm on

1 - Turns off the alarm arming tone for the next time used (if tones are set)

2 - Turns off the ultrasonic sensors for next time used

3 - Turns off the sensor prewarning feature for next time used

4 - Turns off the single and dual trigger sensors  for next time used

5 - Turns off the ultrasonic, single and dual trigger sensors for next time used

6 - combination of 4 and 5

7 - switches safety lock on/off (so car locks as you turn on ignition)

8 - display battery voltage

9 - nothing

* - toggles volume of prewarn beep

To make the passenger door unlock at the same time as the driver door:
Ensure ignition is off, driver door left open. Hold the lock and unlock buttons together for about 5 seconds (it will issue a beep)

Super secret squirrel programming codes

To use : Ignition must be off

Reset to default settings:
*17856*880#

Auto arm with door locking 60 seconds after the last door has been closed, Note make sure keys arn't in the vehicle:

*17856 wait for the beep *004*1# turns it on. everytime a door is opened it will beep twice to inform you that its active

Auto arm without door locking 60 seconds after the last door has been closed:

*17856 wait for the beep *003*1# turns it on. everytime a door is opened it will beep twice to inform you that its active

door unlock/locking beeps:
*17856 wait for the beep *000*1# turns the beep on when locking and unlocking although admittedly not very loud

*17856 *002 * 0 or * 1 then #

Turns on safety locking through the programming code (similar to pressing 7 in the user options) but with more options on lock timings and pulse

*17856 *005 * 0 or * 1 then #

Auto-Rearm & Relock (if the alarm is turned off but no doors are opened etc)

*17856 *007 * 0 or * 1 then #

Accessory Wire 4 Function

Can be used for boot release upon button hold or can be configured to allow Remote Engine Start/Stop devices (such as turbo timers i guess).  If you need more info please ask

*17856 *008 * 0 or * 1 then #
Accessory Wire 3 (Total Closure) Operation - on Arm
*0 = “Timed”. A passive, timed negative output is provided on Acc. Wire 3, every time the system is armed, to operate Total Closure (Total Closure Time *121 must be adjusted from 0 to select the output period if required). When held on arming, TX button 1 still operates Panic.
*1 = “Hold Down”. A negative output is provided on Acc. Wire 3 only whilst TX button 1 remains held on arming after 3 seconds, up to a maximum of 26seconds
(Total Close Time *121 will not affect the output time) When *1 selected, panic can only be operated from optional 2 button TX
NB: Only S30 & 34 models.
* 0 (“Timed” & Panic)

*17856 *009 * 0 or * 1 then #
Extend Standard CDL Lock Pulse - On/Off (only when TX button 1 held)
Can be used with the above or as an alternative total closure option, where the vehicle already has a total closure circuit that can be operated from the standard CDL lock connections. When switched on, the Std CDL Lock pulse is extended (second pulse in the case of double pulse settings) as long as the TX button remains pressed, up to a maximum of 26seconds.
When *1 selected, panic can only be operated from optional 2 button TX
* 0 (off)

*17856 *010 * 0 or * 1 then #
Arm/Disarm Indicator Flash - On/Off
For both radio key and direct switched systems
* 1 (on)

*17856 *011 * 0 or * 1 then #
Accessory Wire 8 Function -
*0 = Internal Panic Circuit. Configures system to activate Panic Mode whilst an earth input is detected on this wire.
*1 = Closed Loop Protection. Configures system to trigger when the circuit
becomes open when armed.
NB: Only S1, 4, 30, 32 & 34 models
* 0 (Internal Panic)

*17856 *012 * 0 or * 1 then #
Positive Door Switch Input or Internal Panic Circuit
*0 = Internal Panic Circuit. Configures system to activate Panic Mode whilst a
12v input is detected on this wire.
*1 = Positive Door Switch. Configures system to trigger when the circuit becomes
12v when armed.
NB: Only S12, 30, 32 & 34 models
* 1( “+” Switch)

*17856 *013 * 0 or * 1 then #
Key Theft Protection - On/Off
NB: Only S4, 30, 32 & 34 models
* 0 (off)

*17856 *014 * 0 or * 1 then #
Accessory Wire 6 (Headlamp Illumination) Operation -
*0 = Arm Only. Configures the timed output to occur only when the system is “actively” Armed (illumination does not occur when Auto-Arming or Auto-
Rearming).
*1 = Arm & Disarm. Configures the timed output to occur when the system is both “actively” Armed & Disarmed (illumination does not occur when Auto-Arming or Auto-Rearming).
NB: Only S30, 32 & 34 models
* 0 (Arm Only)

*17856 *015 * 0 or * 1 then #
Accessory Wire 1 Function -
*0 = Alarm Armed Output. Negative output provided whilst the security system remains armed.
*1 = Total Closure Output. Negative output on arming, this can be “timed” or on “hold down” adjustable using *008 and *121. Wire 1 then behaves and can be adjusted as Wire 3 would be if fitted.
NB: Only S4 models
*0 (Armed Output)

*17856 *016 * 0 or * 1 then #
Accessory Wire 2 Function -
*0 = Aux Siren/Pager Output. Negative output provided whilst the security system is triggering.
*1 = Total Open/Boot Release Output. Negative output on disarming, this can be “timed” or on “hold down” adjustable using *006 and *122. . Wire 2 then behaves and can be adjusted as Wire 4 would be if fitted.
NB: Only S4 models

Other stuff I have if needed

• Sensitivity Adjustment
  • Timings for locks and lock pulses (unlikely you will need this!)
  • Diagnostic codes to hunt for reasons why your alarm is having issues
  • Adding keys to the system
  • Installation and wiring info

I would certainly be interested to know if the total closure works. This is something I was quite surprised didn't come enabled as standard, though I had a feeling it would be a setting somewhere.

If nobody has chance to try before I get home, I'll try it myself.

Just to confirm however, I don't need to know my pin to enable this feature do I? If I understand this right, you only need the pin if you enable the anti key theft code (*17856 *013).

And if you want to change your PIN (NOT TESTED!):

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available): 
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered. 
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will lock up if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

There is a code for it, but suggests it is turned on by default. It could be that the alarm is not connected to the headlights wiring. Worth trying to see what it does:

*17856 *014 * 0 or * 1 then #

Accessory Wire 6 (Headlamp Illumination) Operation -

*0 = Arm Only. Configures the timed output to occur only when the system is “actively” Armed (illumination does not occur when Auto-Arming or Auto-

Rearming).

*1 = Arm & Disarm. Configures the timed output to occur when the system is both “actively” Armed & Disarmed (illumination does not occur when Auto-Arming or Auto-Rearming).

NB: Only S30, 32 & 34 models

* 0 (Arm Only)

www.im-tuned.uk

Codes proven to work so far:

Beep on door lock/unlock -no problems

Auto lock and arm alarm after 60 seconds -works but make sure you turn your ignition off when you get out of the car! If your car autolocks with the ignition on it disables keyless entry and key fob entry. The only way in with your proper key! I have now turned this off as it caught me off guard when I was sat in the car with the ignition off

Unlock both doors - works great

Codes that don't seem to work:

Total closure - I'm assuming the windows are not wired into the alarm module

Tried it and everytime i got to * then 1 the little led started flashing very fast? Was i double pressing perhaps? Will try another code later to see if its me or the code

Is there an option to fold the mirrors when locking the car please

No there isnt you need to buy a separate module and install it by removing door cards etc.

Tried it and everytime i got to * then 1 the little led started flashing very fast? Was i double pressing perhaps? Will try another code later to see if its me or the code

My post was wrong. Ignition needs to be off completely, corrected the post.

www.im-tuned.uk

As long as you don't lock the car with the boot open it won't arm. 

Opening the boot in isolation does not set the alarm off. 

The common mistake is to open the boot from inside the car, then lock it, which obviously arms the alarm and will lead to the beeping. 

To make the passenger door unlock at the same time as the driver door:

Ensure ignition is off, driver door left open. Hold the lock and unlock buttons together for about 5 seconds (it will issue a beep)

Thanks, that was bugging me every time I've had a passenger so far

Wow! awesome info! I'm sure it will be very useful! great work!

Yes Special K is right, i did program the auto-fold mirrors when locking and unlocking the car. i could have taken the easy way out by buying a module but since a friend of mine prints custom PCBs i decided to build my own circuitry with an ATmega micro-processor and other bits and bobs and do it myself. :)

Thanks for the info @Gringosteve!

Lauren our cat was doing exactly what you say it shouldn't

Came home, got out of the car, did not lock it, opened boot and alarm sounded after A minute or so

Hit unlock on the remote and it happened again, in fact it happened 4 times. Very frustrating.

In answer to the other question i have not tried any codes yet because I could not see any for this. At least from my reading of the descriptions