Samsonas Sequential SC 'box

Why wouldn't you just weld the stock pressings back in?

So, you're telling me, after I spend £9500 with you, you're gonna change the regs?? :angry: :angry: :angry::D :D :D

how else will he ensure he's always first?  :lol:  :ph34r:

One thing i've just spotted on a spec sheet is that the 1400Nm rating is for the 8 support bearings which makes it a 5-speed but the 6 support bearings with 6-speed is 1000Nm.  Is that true on this current spec Adrian or is this document of mine for an older layout?  Not that anyone is going to run 1000Nm in a 86 lol just curious

Hi Tim, yes 1000Nm ..... should be enough for the rear tyres  ;)

Regards

Adrian

Why wouldn't you just weld the stock pressings back in?

So, you're telling me, after I spend £9500 with you, you're gonna change the regs?? :angry: :angry: :angry::D :D :D

We did it so you could run either gearbox  :)

lol .... first rule of racing .... use any means to win !!!   :P  :D  :D  

Seriously though, Nigel it will be great to get another GT86 out there and we can join forces to beat those pesky 4wd cars  :D  :D

Cheers

Adrian

You're assuming I can drive Adrian!!

Here you go Nigel :)

SAM_0549_zpssotyzamd.jpg

Thanks for the picky Adrian. Looks like you've made your own front pipe there?

I agree.  What is the leadtime right now on box and driveshaft conversion?

Sorry Tim forgot to say the driveshafts are a similar story (bloody holidays!) they are quoting around 4 weeks ...

Regards

Adrian

You're assuming I can drive Adrian!!

Thanks for the picky Adrian. Looks like you've made your own front pipe there?

You'll be fine Nigel  :) I'm hoping you can give me some tips! I'm looking forward to seeing you out there  :D

We made the whole system, If I had had more time I probably would of cut the tunnel / floor to make more room for the exhaust but we have just finished Woodbridge and there are no scrapes on the system   :)

We did it so you could run either gearbox  :)

Do you remember, is it possible to just remove the bellhousing by undoing the inner plate, removing the snap rings on the main bearings, undoing the reverse shaft and ring of bolts? This would be very handy for me as I will have two cars, two bellhousings and three gearboxes. I guess I'll need a spare propshaft as well?

Do you remember, is it possible to just remove the bellhousing by undoing the inner plate, removing the snap rings on the main bearings, undoing the reverse shaft and ring of bolts? This would be very handy for me as I will have two cars, two bellhousings and three gearboxes. I guess I'll need a spare propshaft as well?

Hi Nigel,

Yes I believe so :)

I am embarressed to say I'm not going to be ordering my Sammy right now. We have had a management reshuffle in work and I am feeling like I want to walk without giving them notice.
Once I know what I'm doing I'll order the 'box, because my stock box certainly won't take too kindly to a twin charged built motor!!

Back on it now. Life's too short to worry about tomorrow's dealings.

I am currently dredging through the options of ratios and reduction ratios. I think I'll work towards 140mph flat out then I have the option to go lower on my diff ratio to get the acceleration up??

What do you all think??